Thursday, February 2, 2012

Confessions of LIZ

How do you wake up in the morning? Are you an early riser? A natural morning person? A rock hard sleeper that needs a SWAT team to wake you?
I don't know about you, but I wake up on the early side 7 days a week. Not super early like 5am, but I RARELY sleep past 8, even on saturdays and sundays. During the week, I need to wake up at 6:15-6:30ish to make my breakfast and get ready for my 8am classes. I go to sleep between 11-12 every night, but the early mornings do NOT happen for me without my guiltiest pleasure of all: CAFFEINE.
It is almost unheard of for me to start a morning without coffee. I find myself in a constant debate over whether or not i LIKE my coffee habit. Mind you, I don't get a little cup of coffee. Not a 12 oz kinda girl. I'm a VENTI STARBUCKS kinda girl. Yeah. That type of caffeine boost. Splash of soy. (NEVER PUT ANYTHING BUT NON-DAIRY OR SKIM... COFFEE SHOULD NOT HAVE AS MANY CALORIES AS COFFEE CAKE!!) 
And, to be honest, if I'm dragging towards the end of the day, or if I'm stuck with unplanned afternoon hunger but want to wait to eat...I usually fix it with , GUESS WHAT... MORE COFFEE!!! If I'm NOT tired, and just want the appetite suppressant, I make sure i do the decaf situation. I'm just slightly obsessed ... Starbucks sent me a gold card in the mail. On occasion, I do something I hate EVEN more... I drink Monster ZERO. It has L-Carnitine! When I read the label on the energy drink, I wanna just hit myself...what kind of chemicals am i drinking? What the heck is that doing to my body? Would I ever recommend someone else drink this shit?!?! I have the same talk with my crazy self when I pick up a diet soda.
Well, friends..at the end of that conversation I often have with myself, here's the reason I never fail to end up with: These bad habits don't make me fat. My stomach can still look ripped after I drink a huge iced coffee. (Coffee also makes you go to the bathroom...always a plus.) While Monster has a ton of awful disgusting chemicals, there are ZERO calories. No sugar. No high fructose corn syrup. And hey, L-Carnitine is a fat burning supplement right?! At night, when it's 2 hours before bed and I can't eat anything, a decaffeinated diet soda fills my tummy with bubbles, and makes me not want to eat. While I consider these bad habits, I like to think that everything is relative. I try SO HARD to not put junk in my body, and i can say 100% that Monster and diet soda is the ONLY form of "bad" food I put into my system. I eat WHOLE foods, NOTHING processed. I wake up 15 minutes earlier than I really need to, just to chop up friggin celery and cucumbers to eat during my 3 hour workshop classes while other kids eat bagels from the deli and DISGUSTING PROCESSED PROTEIN BARS. 
(Sidenote: YES, I KNOW LUNA BARS TASTE AMAZING. YEAH, THEYRE 180 CALORIES. JUST KNOW YOU'RE ONE STEP UP FROM CANDY. ITS LIKE INJECTING A HERSHEY BAR WITH PROTEIN JUICE. PLEASE DON'T COMPARE YOUR LUNA SHIT TO MY EGGWHITE WITH SPINACH. THANKYOU.)
So here I am, looking at the bottle of water next to my bed. Why can't I just drink water? Well, I DO drink MORE THAN 3 Liters of water EVERY SINGLE DAY. I bust my ASS in the gym. I eat SUPER CLEAN (most of the time. and i mean MOST. i really don't slip up much.) So, after wrestling with this habit of mine that I HATE in this blog, I'm curious to know if anyone else has the same problem? 
--By the way, i HATE when people tell me "drink tea." Because here's what happens when Liz Brody drinks tea:
---brew the tea, decide it tastes like leaves, but smells really good.
---smell it until its cold, add 1 splenda (more GARBAGE!!) and drink it.
---Voila, I ruined tea!! 


So, just don't tell me to drink tea. Because I'll get mad. But I love tea. Don't get me wrong. I just need splenda. womp. Stevia is ehhh, a bit strange tasting.


Much love.
By the way, I ran 4 miles, and did a quick booty and ab blast today and torched 501 cals in less than an hour today!!! 


XXOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment