Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Friday!

My usual Friday routine was flipped around this week, because my Barry's Boot Camp class was SOLD out when I tried to sign up...on TUESDAY NIGHT. I made it to waitlist position 1, but didn't get into the class. I already signed up for next Friday to make sure I don't miss my favorite workout again!!! 
I took today as my rest day, and tomorrow, as long as my legs feel up to it, I'll put myself through my own version of bootcamp! 
Remember yesterday's post about no grains? Well, I decided to switch things around today. Had ezekiel bread AND oatbran this afternoon because i was too damn hungry to just hang out with some spinach and cucumbers. Also, I'm not actively trying to lose weight, so there's no reason to DEPRIVE myself of healthy complex carbs!! You could call today my "refeed" day, where I fill up on a few hundred extra cals from quality carb sources. I had super tough weight training workouts this weeks, and my muscles all feel tender. I am NOT stepping on stage in a figure bikini anytime soon, so I like to listen to my body and make it feel BETTER if it feels too sore or too skinny and depleted. 
If there's one thing I've gotten really good at, its understanding my body. Knowing when to up the ante, and when to slow down. When to cut carbs, when to add fat, do a day of fasting, do a re-feed, etc. Once you establish a solid foundation in your diet and fitness regimen, these things will all fall into place. You CANNOT be a slave to weight-loss...especially if you don't have very much to lose! Of course, every single day I have that magic number in my head, What i would LOVE to see on the scale, what i would DIE to have my bodyfat test, what I IMAGINE my physique could look like, et cetera. And every time, something in the back of my head reminds me that everything I want to happen, WILL HAPPEN. I apply my heart and soul to my lifestyle, put 95% of my thoughts into what i eat, and how i train. That's why I continue to see lasting changes in my physique from week to week, month to month. I can't look at a photo from a vacation or special occasion and be like "wow i looked so much better back then," because EVERY day i work as hard as possible to reach my goals. If you KNOW what you want, apply yourself, and find motivation from peers and inspirational blogs (LIKE MINE!!!) and I promise you will get what you want. 
With that mindset , I am confident that I will have a GREAT weekend, will have a great workout, a great run, eat super clean, and happily continue on my journey toward that magic number, that imaginary physique, and absolute optimal health.
Have a kick-ass Saturday and Sunday. For those of you that haven't taken a day off the gym in 5 or 6 days...Saturday or Sunday could be your fabulous day of rest! Re-fuel your muscles. Make some protein pancakes with mixed berry chia jam. Watch your favorite movie. Sleep an extra hour or two. Make your rest day WORTH it !! 


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment