Sunday, February 26, 2012

6 mile Sunday!

Even though I had a CRAZY workout, including a fast 4 mile run yesterday, Today was my plan to do a long run! Long for me is 6 miles, not much different than a casual 4 or 5 mile, but it does require a little extra. When I do a Sunday run, I DO NOT rush myself, I run to enjoy the feeling.  My legs were not feeling their best today, so I allowed my run to be even slower than usual.
There were some points, mainly during the first 3 miles, where I really really wanted to stop running, but NOPE! I did it! 6 miles in 54:50 .. yup, told you I ran way slower! About a 9:10 pace, I had to walk for 2 minutes around mile 4 because my hip felt funny, but I loosened it up and kept running. I never took the speed above 7.5, just kept running. When I was finished, I was SO happy, and immediately decreased the speed on the treadmill to 3.0 so I could walk! Walked until I hit 1 hour.


Treadmill stats:
Distance: 6.25 miles
Time: 60 minutes
Calories: 586
Sweat: Lots.
WOOO!!!!


After I hopped off the treadmill, I spent 15 minutes stretching out my hamstrings and foam rolling on the mat. I was dizzy, and day dreaming about what I'd have as my post workout meal!


Post-workout meal:
over-flowing scoop chocolate brown rice protein
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
lil bit of soy slender chocolate milk
--mixed that up to a pudding consistency
1/3 cup WHEAT BRAN (omg....)
1/3 cup 5 grain hot cereal
handful blueberries
--I put the hot oat combo in the pudding, and ate it like that. was SOOO Good.


**Wheat bran: Its like the outer shell of the bran, it's essentially all fiber. 1/4 cup has anywhere from 30-50 calories, 10carbs, but 6 grams of insoluble fiber. I won't go into details...but I recommend everyone go buy it! It doesn't have a fluffy consistency like oats and oat bran, so i suggest you combine it with one of those types of hot cereals for a good amount complex carbs and fiber. I bought Bob's Red mill wheat bran, it was on sale at my favorite health food store for $2.99. I'm a fan! 


So happy I pushed through my run this morning, so I have alllllll day to relax. And by relax, I mean study and catch up on homework. Yeah. 


Happy Sunday !! Hope you all have a great start to your week like I did! Plan some fun (intensely fun) workouts for yourself this week! 


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment