Friday, February 10, 2012

AMPED THE EFF UP!!!!

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. 
This is what the chia pudding +blueberry oats look like with
chocolate protein. i used vanilla this morning!
This is so wild, It's about 10:45 am and I've been wide awake for 4 hours already! My day has been so amazing already, that I just had to write a blog ASAP. I woke up this morning at 6:45, microwaved my overnight oats in chia, stirred up my vegan protein chia pudding, drank a LOT of water before and after eating, and was OFF to Barry's bootcamp! On my trek, I stopped by starbucks as usual for a grande coffee to really AMP me up for my workout. It was my first time back at Barry's in a LONG LONG time... probably 2 months :-O !!! Never letting myself stay away for that long again. 
I NEED that workout in my life, at least once a week. It's the additional push you get from being TOLD what to do, and seeing people on your left, right, and in back of you working HARD, sometimes even HARDER than you already are.
In class this morning, I was a little thrown off at first because my position was taken! I love to stand in the corner, run on the corner treadmill, next to the speaker...but today, I was front and CENTER. But, that's where i SHOULD BE, and WILL BE from now on. Watching myself run in the mirror, seeing my shoulders shaped and sweaty, my abs looking strong, all forced me to realize: I AM AN ATHLETE. I AM AMAZING. IF I DON'T BELIEVE IN LIZ, WHO WILL? Today's bootcamp consisted of 3 treadmill segments, and 3 floor segments:
1st treadmill session got me reacquainted with the good old incline run, (6.5mph at 8%incline...hello.), along with some incline sprinting (9.3mph at 2%incline ..)
The first floor segment involved burpees with pushups,lots of rowing, got my shoulders burning...
I was SO into the rest of the class, that I can barely even remember what the exact format was, or else I would type it out here. end of class -- 565 cals burned. In 55 minutes of workout and 5 minutes cooldown stretch. WHAT!!!!! That's JUST WHAT I NEEDED!! 
After Barry's I booked it back to my dorm for my meal #2 of the day, POST-WORKOUT!! 
--1/2cup hot 5grain cereal pre-soaked in the fridge with some chia
--1/4 cup frozen berries
--1/2cup eggwhites
--3cups fresh spinach


I feel amazing, empowered, fueled, and hydrated. Ready to take on this beautiful day. Oh, and I've already drank over a LITER of water. Talk about drinking enough water! Later, I'm going to pole and then....to.....a PARTY. (gasp) I don't remember the last time I went out! There's a 90s party tonight, so I'll be rocking a fierce vintage sequined jacket and some doorknocker earrings for sure!


Most kids my age are LAZY and probably not even awake yet. Happy to NOT be one of those! It's time for me to start running errands, including a stop at Trader Joe's strictly to buy 5 HUGE (1.5L) water bottles.


HAVE A PRODUCTIVE DAY.
Happy Weekend.
TGIF!!!


@lizbrody on twitter, follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment