Tuesday, February 21, 2012

BLT TUESDAY (buns legs thighs!)

Squat. Drop. Roll. It was leg day today. I could ramble forever about how sore my butt is, but I won't torture you. I'll just show you my INSANE workout:
(*Note: I went into my workout with the anti-rep mindset I just picked up from Ms. Olympia Nicole Wilkins. If you tell yourself "3 sets of 10," but by the 10th rep, you're not feelin it...why stop there?! Is there a rep police force thats gonna stop you on your 10th deadlift? NO. So in today's workout, I went for the BURN..and then some, so I wont be posting reps for every exercise here....I stopped counting after 10)


Warm-up: 5 mins on the treadmill (walked 4.5 for 1 min, ran up a 5.5 hill at 7.0 for 4 minutes, OUCH.)


Squat Rack:


Deadlifts:
--45 lb underhand grip , follow with bicep curls
--45 lb overhand grip, follow with bent over row, and another set of bicep curls
--65 lb underhand grip, follow with 20 alternating lunges
--65 lb overhand grip, follow with bent over row
--95lb underhand grip, 2 sets (20 alternating lunges in between)
--Drop set, finish up with 15 reps w/45lbs and bicep curls 


Squats:
--45 lb overhead olympic squat .. i didn't like these.. only did 1 set .. around 18 reps
--45 lb wide stance, followed by side lunges w/ 5lb lat and frontal raise
--65 lb wide stance, 2nd set side lunges w/10 lb lat and frontal raise
--95 lb wide stance, followed by dip station crunch + tricep hold
--95 lb wide stance, followed by dip station crunch + tricep hold
--did drop sets (95-65-45)
--lat and frontal raises w/10lbs until fatigue


Leg Press:
**quick note...i haven't TOUCHED this machine in MONTHS...maybe since christmas..
only used 90 lbs (1 plate on each side) .. i used to use 3 plates, but might not have been getting full range of motion. The 90 lbs felt really light, but I focused on lowering slowly, holding for a second at the bottom position, and driving it up in 1 count..made it explosive, weight in the heels
-90lbs, use same weight to do calf raises, followed by 1 min forearm plank
-90lbs, calves, followed by 1 min forearm, both sides side plank with leg raise
-90lbs, calves,  followed by 1 min mountain climbers


At this point, my legs were SHOT!!! 
Didn't stop me...


Hyperextension apparatus: I adjust it so that the top of my hips are completely unsupported, and i turn my feet OUT under the ankle holders, to SQUEEZE the gluteus medius (upper butt) and outer butt muscles on the way UP
--15 hyperextensions
--15 side oblique crunches
--15 other side oblique crunches
--twists w/25lb plate
--upright row w/25 lb plate
--side bends w/25 lb plate 


**REPEAT, 20 reps per exercise**


oh baby..i was feeling sore.


finished with cable tricep pulldowns and high face pulls (for delts and upper back)


**5 minutes on the treadmill** Repeat first 5 minutes. I didn't think I'd be able to do it, my legs were SO SORE. I started running at 7.0, pumped it to 7.5, and walked from minute 4-5.


--did some down dogs, hip stretches, and was DONE. 521 cals in 1hr 10 minutes... thats a LOT of calories for a workout with 10 minutes of cardio!! Success!! 


And my butt and legs are on fire.. I'm so determined to get what I want! These exercises might be painful, but i feel SO accomplished and proud of myself after doing them, HARD.
I HATE looking at this. Time to CHANGE it

HOLY OBLIQUE

No comments:

Post a Comment