Thursday, February 23, 2012

NO GRAINS , WHAT.

I have a new motivation to get SUPER LEAN, like fitness model lean. Can't tell you why yet!
So I decided to try something out, its a diet principle from the FIGHTER DIET.. 
Essentially, eat all of your carbohydrates from vegetables, no grains. Aim for the same carb count, but coming from entirely vegetables. 
What does that mean?
--To me, this made me cut out my oats and ezekiel bread. I didn't cut out fruit because I feel like I'm continuing to get lean while still enjoying my berries and apples.. However, I did cut out the baby carrot habit because I decided to replace it with green beans and cucumbers and spinach
--When you eat entirely vegetables, you get so much MORE VOLUME.. MORE FOOD!!! Like, an entire bag of spinach is 40 calories. 5 servings of green beans is 125 calories. 
--Where did I go wrong? 
--Well, on this all veggie diet, you really need LOTS of veggies to get enough carbs. Example: 1 slice of ezekiel bread has 80 calories, 14 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of fiber.  That equals about 2 bags of spinach and a big cucumber to get all those carbs. I have a tiny fridge and a budget, so eating 1 bag of spinach and a pepper or some cucumbers filled me up, so I didn't feel the need to buy 10 bags of greens to last me a few days.
Do I like this diet?
--Well, I've been doing no-grain since monday. I'm about ready to stab myself. It's really difficult, I must say. and i LOVE vegetables SO much. It's just that, I don't always want to have a pound of veggies sitting in my belly before I go to workout.  For dinner, along with my tuna, I had Kale, Spinach, cucumbers, celery, beets, and avocado. My tummy is so full, and its fine because I'm ready for bed and laying down blogging. If I had to go walk around or run errands, I would be a little unhappy.
--However, I look freakin' awesome! Besides the post-veggie binge belly effect that lasts an hour or so after eating SO many vegetables, my abs and arms look super lean. I'll stay no-grain for another day or two, then might go back to eating 1 serving of grains per day. I have a tendency to not eat ENOUGH to feed my muscles...so the vegetable thing definitely doesn't help me in the calorie department. I don't want to get SKINNY!!! 
--What's next?
I might try to cut the sugar intake next. It'll be super tough for me to go days without my blueberries and apples...but I just might do it. Unless its immediately after a CRAZY workout or run, when the body NEEDS sugars and carbs for immediate replenish and muscle repair. There is NOTHING better than my chocolate protein pudding with a banana after a long sweat session. (Bananas are a REAL reward. Like after a 5 mile run, or 90 minute training session.)


I'm just trying to be the best LIZ I can be! Loving my muscles, not the fat that doesn't wanna melt off! UGH. I love the process of training, getting stronger and faster, and shaping each muscle group the way i WANT TO! It's so empowering to see new cuts, lines, and veins. I have a feeling one is starting to show up on the right side of my abs...whoa! 


Tomorrow is Friday, the start of a beautiful weekend . WERK OUT!! 
XOXO , Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment