Wednesday, February 22, 2012

CHOCOLATE, anyone!?

I'm not the biggest chocolate person, but I'm not gonna lie...it's a pretty nice treat. Since I can't eat 99% of the chocolate out there bc of DAIRY and "non-fat milk powder" and "milk fat"included in most available chocolate products, I get CREATIVE!! I made an AWESOME chocolate mousse-pudding type thing thats SUPER healthy and can be made with relatively NO carbs (perfect for late night dessert.) Oh, and did I mention the main ingredient is protein? Yeah. Here it is:


--Chocolate protein powder (use 1-2 servings, your call.)
--1 or 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (how chocolatey do u want it?)
--liquid of your choice. water works fine, less than 1cup.
(ideas: unsweetened almond milk, light chocolate soy milk, chocolate sodelicious coconut milk)
--1tbsp CHIA SEEDS


stir it all up with a fork or a spoon, and stick it in the fridge for a couple hours. the chia seeds will gel it all up and you'll get pudding!


with unsweetened coconut, strawberries, chia jam
I mix my portions up depending on when I'm going to eat it. For example, after 2hours in the gym today, I had prepared my chocolate protein pudding with 1.5 scoops of protein, and put a small banana and some blueberries in it. HEAVEN!! 


Here's a nice little snack I made the other day, AND my little sister dipped her strawberries in it!! And she's like ANTI-HEALTH FOOD. She thinks the majority of things I eat are FREAKY.


Its super easy to make, and I make this non-chocolate also, by using vanilla protein. Throw some maca powder or green tea powder in to make it funky! Experiment! 
**Note: Tastes really good with a 1/2 serving or full serving of oats stirred in.


Eat up! 

XOXO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment