Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sick Sunday Run!








I have NOT had a day off in WAY TOO LONG.. I usually take Saturdays off after BUSTING my ass at Barry's Boot Camp on Friday morning, but yesterday I had to take some new impromptu photos to send out, so all I had was 25lb dumbbells... Yup, curls, overhead presses, and deadlifts before and during the little shoot. That's the same weight I usuallly use, except my muscles were SO Exhausted from intense upper body work wed-thurs-friday that it was just PAINFUL! So even though I didn't go to the gym, I was still using my muscles, and posing for an hour definitely HURTS ! Contracting and squeezing like 28 muscles at the same time for pictures is harder than you might think. The pictures came out great though! Thanks to mom and little sister! 


SOOO This morning, I was so torn. Gym? I was sore. But I wanted to run! I reasoned that I'd go to the gym, run an easy 3 miles, foam roll, STEAM, and go home.


Ha.  That didn't happen.


Sunday's run: I started running at 6.5. Way too slow. Paced myself, reminded myself that I NEED to warm up and ease into my runs so I don't mess with that hip flexor. 2 minutes later, up to 7.0. Comfortable as HELL ! Running EASILY to "I Wanna Dance With somebody." 
mile 1: 8:40
upped the speed as I went into mile 2, took it down to 6.5 once because I felt something weird in my hip
miles 1+2: 17:20
Here's where i REALLY sped up...
miles 1,2,3: 25:20
I was feeling good, and decided I was in for a 5miler! Finished that 5 miles in 40:34!! A new personal best. That averages out to just over 8 minutes per mile.. about 8:06 per mile...whoa. AND I felt great afterwards, and ACCOMPLISHED. I walked at 3.5 until I hit 42 minutes, and wiped all the sweat off of me, and went to do some abs and glute raises with a triad ball and foamroll. (424 cals burned during the 42 mins on the treadmill, btw) I spent 20 minutes on the mat, burned another 106 cals, and was OUTTA the gym, feeling awesome!! My revamped running playlist DEFINITELY has something to do with it.
1. I wanna dance with sombody-Whitney
2. Work me down- Dance Camp
3. I would die for you- Prince
4. Get me bodied- Beyonce
5. Million dollar bill- Whitney Houston
6. Moves like jagger
7. Dont stop til you get enough- MJ
8. Beat goes on- Madonna
9. Sexy and I know it
10. Fly together rmx- Trey Songz and Red Cafe
11. Slight work- Wale ft. Big sean
12. Bring it back- Travis Porter
13. Ayy Ladies- Travis Porter
14. Strip-Chris Brown
15. Muscles- Diana Ross 


I swear, those songs keep my feet MOVING!! I didn't even TOUCH my ipod once, I let it play through because each song makes me want to keep running and working hard.


Its amazing what your body can do when you just LET IT GO! I had no intentions of having a power-packed SICK run today, and BOOM, I did! So proud of myself!! 


BEAT YOUR GOALS !! 


XOXO 










No comments:

Post a Comment