Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Veggie Tales !

So today, I just haven't been in the mood to eat a lot. I feel a little puffy, didn't have a crazy workout lined up...so I'm taking the day off from my usual regimented eating. Instead, I am listening to my BODY, and my body wants fresh vegetables!! I had the meanest craving for a fresh green juice, so for lunch, I had this:

(Kale,cucumber,spinach,chard,celery,romaine,1/2green apple,lemon,ginger) It was SOO good. After I drank that, I drank some cold water, and cut up a heart of celery, and a yellow pepper, and ate them for lunch. Perfect and light. Then I went to pole...my first time back at the pole in a couple of weeks, and it was GREAT! I had the pole to myself, I felt strong, and did all the tricks I was doing before my break. However, I was NOT happy with the way my stomach looked in the mirror. Looking back I realize it was probably all the friggin fiber and water sitting in my tummy from just eating and drinking veggies...but ew. I did not think my tummy looked too nice today. After pole, I sat in the sauna for 45 minutes, stretching and doing ab exercises here and there. When I came back from the gym, I had a small cut up cucumber,another heart of celery, and a small red bell pepper, with about 1-2oz of tofu. And LOTS of cold water!!


 Sometimes I need days like this, mini-fasts, just to give my body a break. No protein powders, almost no soy products besides the two bites of tofu. As I type this, my stomach is already starting to feel emptier and back to normal. I'm dancing later, and have a really intense workout planned for tomorrow, so i hope my hamstring stops SCREAMING like it did all day yesterday and today. Yesterday when I stepped on the treadmill I HAD to get off after a MILE of walk/run..pathetic! But, listening to your muscles is KEY. Clearly, my hamstring wasn't in the mood to run. So I listened! Know the difference between GOOD PAIN and OVERTRAIN. 
Think you could handle an all-veggie day? Try it, you might be surprised! 


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment