Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2012: Monday, Jan 2nd

How was everyone's FIRST MONDAY of 2012?! Hope everyone ate breakfast, and got in a workout. Judging by the ridiculous number of people at my gym, I'm thinking most people got the workout in. Today was my day to just focus on strength training and lifting. I give myself one "no cardio" day every week...even though I always sneak in a few minutes...or 15..to warmup my muscles and get the sweat dripping. 
--warmup: 1000 meters on the rower (just over 5 minutes.) I HAD TO GET OFF...I hate that thing..
I wasn't wearing my running sneakers, but the treadmills were just calling my name. NO RUNNING, i said to myself.
-walked .25 miles at 4.0
-side shuffled .25 miles at 4.0
ran backwards .25 miles at 5.5
10 minutes! hopped off, went to the floor
I did some different stuff in my routine today, instead of lifting super heavy, i lifted light(er) with high reps
circuit 1
--decline abs holding 10lb dumbbell 20 reps 2x
--bicep curl to overhead press 10lb dumbbell 20 reps
--tricep kickback 10lbs 20 reps
--overhead press 10lbs 20 reps


circuit 2 (repeat with 12.5 lb dumbbells)


circuit 3
suitcase squats 25 lb kbells 3 sets 10reps
upright row 25 lb kbells 3 sets 10 reps
decline pushups hands on kbells 6/8/8 reps


circuit 4
deadlift-bicep curl 50lb barbell (3 sets 10 reps deadlifts,only 8 for the bicep curls)
deadlift-low row 50lb barbell 3 sets 8 reps
foot taps on high stool (focus on getting knees high) 3 sets 50 reps


circuit 5
side bends w 25lb kbell 2 sets 12 reps
fly's 2 sets 12 reps


circuit 6: 3 sets per exercise
cable hamstring curl 15 reps increasing weight each set
5 narrow grip pull ups
chin up hold w/ 10 ab pikes


circuit 7: 3 sets
hamstring curl w/ swiss ball 10 reps
glute raises
30 mountain climbers


holy shit! some workout i had.


post-workout fuel: 6oz eggwhites, 2.5cups spinach, 1tsp flax, 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
THEN... i got ready to head up to woodbury commons with my momma!! We had christmas returns to do... an exchange credit at lulu lemon got me a new workout top .. (IN A SIZE 2 !!) and some really cute light grey harem pants. I most likely wont be wearing the pants out and about, but i like to keep it cute when i hang around the house too! See, I look cute lounging around at 10pm! My arms are starting to shape really nicely, as I've been busting my ass trying to burn out my shoulders and arms and back. All the running I've been doing is NOT helping my booty. AT ALL. I wanted to do some serious heavy squats and deadlifts on the smith rack today (I'm talking 155lbs squatting and 110lbs deadlifting) but GUESS WHAT. One of the TRAINERS was hogging the station, and he was FINISHED with his sets, talking to some guy about anabolic muscle depletion..blah blah blah. that's great, but talk somewhere else!!! My butt is suffering over here it's disappearing! UGH. So hey readers, if you're new to the gym, when you're done with something...MOVE ON!! Don't leave your towel, don't lean on the machine and text...get out of there! There's my rant. 


Here's the fun part of my blog for today. I want you ALL TO SNACK. on things like this:
-fresh celery
-freshly cut bell peppers
-baby carrots
WHY do i want you to eat things like this? Well, first of all, they will tide you over if you're hungry. Second of all...there is NO GUILT involved whatsoever.  When's the last time you heard of someone eating too much celery and gaining weight? Yeah, me neither. Here's some fun comparisons:
-1 serving of pretzels, let's use those popular pretzel thins
---11 pretzels, 110 calories, 23 carbs, vitamins? umm...does sodium count?
-3 bell peppers : 90 calories, 18 carbs, 5+ grams FIBER, and essential vitamins 
see where im going with this?!?! Slice up celery, carrots, and peppers into pretzel sized pieces...it'll last MUCH longer and fill you WAY better than 11 measley fake pretzel crisp things.
Anyway, like i said...when is the last time someone got fat eating raw , fresh, crisp veggies?
I want to hear how everyone's healthy new year is going! please contact me. Feel free to request blog topics as well!! Much love!! 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment