Friday, January 20, 2012

100% Recovered, 100% LIZ !

So today, I woke up, had my usual breakfast, with an extra 1/2 whole grain pita for a couple of extra carbs. About 2 hours later, ready for the gym, i was feeling so ENERGIZED!! Even though my legs felt a little stiff, I had a feeling I was gonna kick ass on the treadmill. I just wanted to RUN! I warmed up my legs and spine, and started walking at 4.5...that lasted about 30 seconds before i just HAD to get moving. I forced myself to run at 6.0 for a minute, then upped it to 6.5, then 7.0...before I knew it I was back at my usual pace! Running between 7.0 and 8.0, sweating, covering lots of distance! I felt so light on my feet, felt no urge to slow down or stop running. When I hit my third mile in 25 minutes, I decided I'd do ONE more.. then at 33 minutes, ONE more...I hit 5 miles in 42:08. I definitely could have run 6, maybe even 7! But I just cooled down with some backwards running until I hit 45 minutes. It felt SO good to get that run in. I can't believe I was in the hospital LAST FRIDAY! I feel GREAT, energized, fast, and strong again. 
After my run, I decided to hit my triceps, delts, and hams and glutes. 


Circuit 1: 3 sets 12 reps, increase weight each set
-->Tricep pull down (25/30/35)lbs
-->High face pull w/ rope(35/42.5/50)lbs
-->seated one arm low row w/ rotation(12.5/15/20)lbs


Circuit 2: 3 sets 20 reps
-->Cable hamstring curl (15/20/25)lbs
-->Cable kickback(10/15/20)lbs
-->Cable lateral pulse(5/10)lbs


-->pull-up w/crunch, pike, release (5 reps for pull-ups, 10 for crunch/pike)
--hanging wide grip shoulder shrug 10 reps


Abs:
plank pike/crunch, feet on swiss ball 20 reps
V-sit w/ medicine ball 20 reps
Plank walks feet on medicine ball 20 reps
Plank hold 1 min


SUCH A GREAT WORKOUT!! It feels so good to be back in action!
Hope this inspires you to go kick your own ass!! 


Sun or snow, get in a workout (or 2) this weekend!! I can't decide whether tomorrow or Sunday should be my OFF day.. tomorrow I have a pilates conference for my job..which will involve some form of working out .. 


I DO KNOW ... that I get a "cheat" meal tomorrow!! Going to a vegan cafe with my mom, and I'm NOT worrying about consuming too many carbs after 3pm...blah blah. Everything on the menu seems pretty CLEAN, and definitely yummy. I'll post pics and review it tomorrow!! 


Much love, XOXO ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment