Monday, January 30, 2012

Just Because..

Happy Monday!! So, every Sunday night, I plan out what the rest of my week is going to look like in terms of meals, work outs, rest days, etc. (I also plan when I'm doing laundry and homework, but that's not relevant for this blog!) I find that planning is the only way to be successful. If it's written down, the chance of remembering a pattern or task is way higher than if it were to just be floating around my head.
I do VERY basic plans so many days in advance. I often don't decide the EXACT structure of my workout for that day until the morning, or an hour before I go to the gym. That's because I design my workouts based on how my body is feeling, not based on what my mind WANTS my body to do on a certain day.
Anyway, enough talking. Here's what I planned out last night:



monday:
730-egg/whites/spinach/flax/ezekiel
930-coffee
11-pre-workout snack oats, oat bran, choc protein 
12:15 WORKOUT: RUN + legs/butt workout
2: post-workout: oats/protein/flax
afternoon snack celery.pepper.cucumber
dinner: tuna/spinach/avocado/flax

tuesday:
7am: 1/2 serving oats w coconut milk
9:30am egg /whites/spinach/flax/ezekiel
11:coffee
--class snacks: carrots
12:45 ezekiel/avocado/pepper
1:30 WORKOUT: Stair master, abs, upper body werkout (burn out triceps)
3pm: oats, oat bran, protein
afternoon snack celery/pepper/cucumber
dinner: tuna/spinach/peppers/carrots/celery/apple

wednesday:
730am: egg/whites/spinach/flax/ezekiel
9:30 coffee
--grocery
11:30 cucumbers,alfalfa,peppers,avocado,tofu
1:15pole
3pm dance
4:45 Green juice w 1/2green apple
6:30 Turkey,ezekiel, sprouts, veggies veggies veggies

Thursday: 
7am Oats/protein/flax/coconut milk
9:30 coffee
class snack: veggies
12:30 1 cup egg whites/spinach/ezekiel
1:30 workout RUN, legs, back
3pm post workout protein pancakes
home: tofu/avocado/sprouts/peppers/cucumbers

--->SEEE?? I also don't plan out the ENTIRE week, because I need to cooperate with my body. If my body needs a rest day on Friday, I'll take it. If not, I'll plan a workout, and map out my weekend at that point. Planning really helps me to stick to my goals, but I allow myself to tweak..TINY adjustments. For example, I added 1/3 of an apple to my post-workout oats today, and didn't add flax seeds. whoop, big whoop. I'm going to use another part of the apple for my big salad tonight. THAT's what I mean when I say TWEAK. If you don't already do this, try to get in the habit of it.
SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS.

XOXO, Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment