Thursday, January 5, 2012

A little Treadmill thursday and CARBS

Sooo I'm always bad about eating enough carbs before workouts and eating enough in general.. so this morning, I made a promise I'd amp up my breakfast a little bit since i had a solid 40 minutes of running and a full workout to complete. i WANTED to make my protein pancake recipe (at the bottom!) but didn't have enough eggwhites for it..I ended up with a tiny eggwhite this morning. Soo this morning I had 2 pieces of ezekiel with my spinach/flax/eggwhite, and i had a couple spoons of bare naked granola. EW don't ask why .. that stuff is such crap but it was out on the counter!! Anyway, had some coffee and got ready for the gym! I warmed up with walking .25miles at 4.1 to loosen up my hamstrings, then started running slowly at 6.0. 40 minutes later, I was done with 4.20 miles, including some backwards running and slow jogging AND sprinting. After my run, I did some strong circuits focusing on upper body and abs, and worked my back with extensions. I did 50 glute extensions with my feet on a swiss ball at the end of my workout. OUCH. operation glutes is going to be tough!! I burned 632 calories during my workout, 31% from fat!


Here's the best part of my blog: the famous protein pancakes I'm always talking about.
What you'll need to add to the blender:
1. a yummy protein powder formula. (whey, soy,hemp, brown rice protein..etc.) I use Jarrow's Brown Rice Formula in Vanilla.
2. 4-6 ounces liquid eggwhites (you can use real eggwhites too)
**extras that benefit the pancakes
3. 3tbsp oatbran (or rolled oats) This gives the pancakes some complex CARBS... always good at breakfast time!
4. 1 tbsp flax seeds or ground flax seeds (I use whole golden flax seeds. Adds 45cals and FIBER to the pancakes, whereas ground flax would provide some digestible omega-3 fats) I like to sprinkle the seeds onto the pancakes once theyre in the pan, so i don't lose any getting stuck in the blender.
****WANNA GET CRAZY?!?! ADD SPINACH TO THE BLENDER!! I DO!


Blend all the ingredients, and use some non-stick spray in a pan. Cook the pancakes on medium heat, flip when you see bubbles forming.
*Notes: The eggwhites and powder are the formula, and by simply combining these two without any extras, you have a no-carb pancake that tastes good. Depending on what size you make the pancakes, you can get like 4 pancakes for 200 calories! WHOA!! 
*If you want more carbs than protein, use 1/2 cup of rolled oats or 1/3cup of oatbran with 2-3tbsp of protein powder, instead of using a full scoop.
*Feel free to add blueberries, banana, etc. 
*Use chocolate protein powder if you like chocolate!
I like to heat up a few frozen berries in the skillet after cooking the pancakes, and putting them on top. 
WHO NEEDS IHOP...NOT I!!! OR YOU!! These are SO easy to make and REALLY DO TASTE GOOD!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment