Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday: operation booty

If you've been paying any sort of attention to my blog, you know I ran myself into a little hip flexor tweak. Well, after a few tough days away from the treadmill, I returned to it today. Here's how it went:
--First, I WARMED UP before getting on the treadmill. Dynamic stretching and loosening up the hip joints and hamstrings. Not just hitting the ground running like I usually do. Oh, AND I got to run in some BRAND new sneaks. Same model I always wear, but a new pair. I run out of my shoes SO FAST because I'm always ... running!!
--ON the treadmill:
--walk 2 minutes at 4.0
--ease into a 6.0 stride
--4 rounds of 6.0/6.5/7.0 (1min intervals)
Nice and warmed up at this point, I ran mainly between 6.8 and 7.0, and didn't run faster than 8.2. After I had been running for 15 minutes, I felt comfortable with my pacing and hips. No pain! I ran 3.5 miles in 32 minutes, and cooled down with a minute of 6.0, then 4.5, then 3.5.
It was a GREAT, but not crazy intense 35 minutes.
THEN, I moved onto my 2012 mission: operation booty.
i NEED to build my glutes!


circuit 1:
deadlifts 60lbs (10,12,15 reps)
goblet squats 30lbs (10,12,15 reps)
tricep support roman chair crunch (10,12,15 reps)


Circuit 2: 4 sets 12 reps
hyperextensions: no weight 2 sets, 10lb plate 2 sets
obliques off hyperextension bench


Circuit 3: 3 sets 10 reps
Alternating back lunges holding 10s
Side lunges w/reverse fly 8s (really 6 sets of flies)
dip station L-sit
Hanging ab crunch to pike


Circuit 4:
Swiss ball glute extensions 2 sets 25 reps
swiss ball straight leg bridge 2 sets 25 reps
30 sec static hold in each position


--plank dips 3 sets of 10
--downward dog-plank-pushup 15
plank walks


I cooled down my workout with lots of stretching for my hip flexor.
Worked out for 90 minutes, and checked my cal burn at exactly 1:30.
668 calories!! Circuit training burns SO much its unbelievable.


Try out some of my strength training workouts, I promise they won't disappoint (and neither will your growing muscles, either.)


XOXO, Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment