Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Recovery: Running again

Sooo today was my second day back in the gym, and I just gave myself a 3.5 mile run to complete. I wanted to run it slow (er) than my usual fast pace, and just take the distance easy. Its been a week since I ran, and wow it makes a difference. On top of that weakness, my legs were still sore from yesterday's workout. I walked at 4.5 for 2 minutes to loosen up, started running at 6.0, then pretty much stayed between 6.5 and 7.5 for the rest of my run. I finished in 32 minutes flat. Not slow, but slow for me. I walked at 4.5, then slowed it down until I hit 45 minutes. It was a tough run overall, and I was sweating SOO much, but it felt good to cover 4.3 miles total. 
After my run, I went to the mat to majorly foam roll and stretch for about 15 minutes. I think I'll either take tomorrow off or do something extremely easy at the gym, because I was feeling some soreness towards the end of my run. When I got home, I drank a huge glass of COLD water with lemon, and made myself this:


1/2 cup 5 grain hot cereal
scoop vegan protein
2 tsp flax seeds
2 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup blueberries
cinnamon


I cooked the blueberries so that they were mushy, and ended up turning the oatmeal purple after I snapped that picture! I'm always yelling at people to EAT MORE before and after workouts, and then I remember that I have to yell at MYSELF to do the same. On my "Lose It" account, I track all my cals and nutrients and exercise, and end up with something like 800 net calories consumed by the end of the day. NOT ENOUGH!! I'm also focusing on really upping the variety of foods I eat, especially protein sources. Eating eggwhites three times a day is NOT okay. Those are JUST for breakfast from now on, unless I have nothing else to eat. Tonight, I'm trying out a recipe I've been thinking about for a long time, since my family loves chinese food. I'm making vegetable fried rice (optional chicken or tofu for some family members) tonight, BODY BY LIZ style. I will probably serve mine over a small portion of red quinoa instead of brown rice. I will upload pics and post the recipe tomorrow, but here's what I'm thinking of putting in there: 
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
1 cup dry brown rice (yields 4 servings when cooked)
1tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp low cal teriyaki
broccoli florets
diced red bell pepper
scallions
diced zucchini
diced carrots


--I'll prepare 6 oz chicken and 1/2 package of tofu in case anyone wants to add. I might have tofu with mine. No chicken for me!


I cant wait to try it!! Hope its a success...I'll keep you guys posted! 
XOXOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment