Sunday, January 29, 2012

Backed up!!

I've been going through some UPS and DOWNS this week.. Let me back it up for you:


Last Sunday, I moved back into my dorm in Union Square. My roommate and I were having LOTS of issues with our disgusting creature suitemates with live-in boyfriends the WHOLE first semester, and worked all semester trying to resolve the issue before going back to school. Despite my mom calling and emailing everyone at NYU, we still had to face them and live alongside their filth for the first week of the semester. My schedule was all sorts of OFF.. not eating breakfast in the mornings, sitting in class with no caffeine at 8am, walking around in the cold, returning to the SOY protein crap that I have in my dorm that makes my tummy feel weird. Overall, it was a little bit stressful to leave my absolutely beautiful and comfortable home in Westchester with my family after really getting into the swing of winter break and making myself at HOME again. Over break, I was able to dedicate EVERY MINUTE to myself and my mom's wellness. My days were all about my workouts and diet (and mom's too..) I had so much time to rest my muscles and fuel myself CLEANLY, with no distractions.
Being back in the city changes things a bit. While you might not realize, the constant walking, running errands, paying attention in class...all adds up, and takes a toll on you--mentally, and physically. Over the weekend (I went back home), I thought about why I was feeling soo tired and depleted. Well, Monday through Thursday, I ate less than usual (in my attempt to get SUPER SNATCHED,) worked out too much despite a twinge in my hip, and just exhausted myself. On Friday morning when I went to work out, I got on the treadmill, and realized there was WAY too much pain in my right hip flexor. I couldnt run at ALL! Even though my upper body was a bit sore from a previous workout, I made the best of it, and did lots of HARD and HEAVY circuits using primarily upper body muscle and abs.
One really STUPID thing I did was SQUATS. Probably did NOT help my hip flexor. But I'm re-training my squats to utilize DEPTH and full range of motion, so I just used 45-65-95lbs. I'll post up Friday's workout in another post because I did lift some pretty heavy dumbbells! Anyway,  I ended up moving OUT of that gross suite with my roommate into another room in the same building. I moved yesterday, and all the heavy lifting and STRESS and organizing drove me NUTS. My hip flexor still hurts. No gym today. Nothing. Just chilling. Getting used to my new room. Sorry for the VENT !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment