Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday workout: Jan 9th

Sooo I ran 6.56 miles yesterday, so I had to force myself to take a day off running. Here's what I did in the gym:


STAIRMONSTER:
10 minutes levels 8-11


TREADMILL:
10 mins @ 4.0 speed. alternate between side shuffling, walking , and walking backwards 


Workout: Today was a focus on LEGS...operation GLUTES 2012


Cables: (using ankle strap) 3 sets 15 reps
--stiff legged kickbacks
--hamstring curls
--lateral cable pull


Cables: 3 sets 12 reps
--wide grip lat pull 27.5lbs
--one arm low row w/rotation 12.5 lbs/17.5lbs
--low row double pulley 20 lbs/25 lbs


Smith rack:
--one legged deadlifts 45 lbs 10 reps per leg
--reverse grip deadlift 65 lbs 12 reps
--one arm bent over row 25lb plate 10 reps per side
--10 reps hanging abs


--one legged deadlifts 45 lbs 10 reps per leg
--reverse grip deadlift 85 lbs 10 reps
--upright row 25lb plate


--one legged deadlifts 45 lbs 8 reps per leg
--one arm bent over row 25 lb plate 10 reps per side
--deadlift 85 lbs 10 reps
--bent over row 10lb plates 10 reps


--stiff legged deadlift 65 lbs 8 reps
--stiff legged deadlift 45 lbs 8 reps
--bicep curl 45 lbs 8 reps
--overhead press 20 lbs 10 reps


Studio 
plank position / row 20lb kbell 10 reps per side
feet on towel, plank walk across studio 2x


Kbells: 2 rounds
Suitcase squats 20lb kbells 15 reps
Swings 20lb kbells 15 reps
10 calf jumps
lateral burpees 10 reps
30 second plank


At the end of my workout, I was really bummed to see I only burned 479 calories, but 42% were burned from FAT... which is pretty sick!! And weight training keeps your metabolism working at an increased level for 8 hours afterwards, so I guess it was a good workout afterall! I could barely walk after... 


Back at my blog, don't worry! Stay tuned for tomorrow's diet and workout!! 


XOXO

1 comment:

  1. also remember my beautiful girl....The more in shape you are, the better you resting heart rate....
    The better your endurance, the LESS calories you burn... SUCKS doesn't it!?!?! It's all good though! You look incredible!

    ReplyDelete