Friday, June 1, 2012

No MUSIC. No excuse.

Alright alright. Friday. TGIF. Cardio on the agenda. No excitement whatsoever about that. But, Saturday is rest day, so I couldn't wait to finish a tough workout.


All morning I tried to plan my hour of cardio. First I was like , hm my legs are so sore, but I have to run a little. Then I was like maybe I can handle the stair master. Then I was like oh hell I'm just gonna suck it up and sprint my world away for 30 minutes then chill on the elliptical. Well.


I finally got my running shoes on, double sports bra (oh, the joy of being a girl with a sprinting agenda) popped my monster, and drove to the gym. I get to my treadmill, ready to rock. I decided I was going to work my triceps and run. Here was my plan:
Run mile. Tricep circuit. Run mile, faster. Tricep circuit. Run mile, fastest. Triceps +abs


Got on my treadmill, warmed up. 
Can't hear my ipod in my ear buds.
What the HECK...


My headphones BROKE!!! 


I don't think i've EVER endured the pain of working out, let alone RUNNING without my music to motivate me. Well. I did the unthinkable. I ran.


FASTER than I have been. by FAR!!! I just wanted to KILL the cardio.


Finished a mile in 8:01. Wooo baby!!! Then, I walked a minute, and jogged a minute. Minutes 10-20 I alternated sprinting 9.0+/walking 4.0. Then, I finished up running. When I hit 3 miles, I walked it out until 30 minutes.


For the record, the music they play in the gym is NOT loud enough to motivate anyone, and its ridiculously LAME music..except for when the one Jay-z song comes on the morning loop.


Then, I spent 30 minutes burning out my triceps, and did chest presses just to give my tris a slight break. Also did some decline ab work.


1hr 10 mins. 502 cals. Boom!!! Had a sick workout WITHOUT music. Didn't even think it was possible!! 


Its the power of the mind, people. It's an amazing thing.


post-workout AMAZING re-fuel:
8oz eggwhites
3/4scoop sunwarrior protein vanilla
1tb PB2
1/3 banana


blended and cooked in a pan, 2 big pancakes!


You better believe I'm buying headphones tomorrow!!! 2 pairs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment