Sunday, June 17, 2012

Switchy switchy!

Today I had a Sickening shoulder workout. I am OBSESSED with shoulders. I love them almost as much as a nice set of glutes. Anyway. Today, I switched up my shoulder workout.


I started with PULLUPS.
-Hang a resistance band from the handles of a pullup bar , put your feet in the stirrups, and try to complete narrow AND wide grip pullups. I worked on them for 3 minutes. Negative reps too. I'm getting SO close!
Then, PUSH-PRESS supersetted w bent over dbell raise
--warmed up w/ 60lb barbell 10 reps
--70lb barbell 3x8
dbell raise 12.5s 4x12


My shoulders were TOAST!!! 


SEATED SHOULDER PRESS supersetted w. bent arm lateral raise
25lb dbells 3x8
bent arm laterals 15s 3x12


UPRIGHT ROW supersetted with...stiff legged deadlifts?! HERES ANOTHER SWITCH!! I was CRAVING deadlifts like a pregnant lady craves chocolate. oh well.
40lb barbell row 4x10
SLDL 40barbell 4x12


STANDING SHOULDER PRESS: 22.5lb dbells 3x8
MILITARY PRESS 40lb barbell 3x10


Lateral raises w/10lbs til failure
Standing shoulder press 12.5lbs til failure


i REALLY wanted to be done. but i WASNT!! 


Seated cable high row 3x12reps
Cable face pulls w/rope attach 3x12 reps
Bent over cable fly 3x8reps
Cable crossover 3x10 reps


2x10 pushups
2x10 shoulder shrugs on dip station


BOOM. DONE. FINALLY. my shoulders were popping out like crazy!
For the rest of the week, I'm switching a lot of things up with my workouts: playing with heavy/light weights, high/low reps, compound exercises, some plyos and metabolic workouts, different cardio. Going into a workout with an open mind always guarantees that I end up having a GREAT sweaty workout.


Later today, my sister and I went to the track to play FIELD HOCKEY. I have never ever played before, and my sister wanted to teach me so that she can have someone to hit around with for extra practice. I SUCKED at first, but after a few tries I was driving the ball REALLY well, and blocking her shots.


I had more fun dressing like a high school athlete douche bag really... Secretly , i LOVED that outfit. I wish I could wear those booty shorts and high socks to the gym! I would get the NASTIEST stares..
 Then I had to show off what I REALLY do..


1 comment: