Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Feeling sore?

Me too. But hey, guess what? I'm still killing it. In the past few weeks, I've become insanely determined, more than ever. No matter how sore I might feel, I get my butt to the gym and GO. Usually, moving my limbs DECREASES the soreness. Lately, I've been doing some amazing running and hardcore cardio AFTER leg day. I used to just swear off cardio the day after training legs because they felt too sore. Now, I kill it regardless! I find that once I warm up my legs and get to running or stepping up the stair monster, my leg soreness is in the back of my mind, and doesn't bother me when I'm finished working out. 


When you want something, you need to give MORE than 100%
Taking a rest because your legs are tired? Sure, its "okay." Some would say, "always listen to your body." Fine, go read those blogs! But taking a day off just because your legs are tired is NOT giving 100%. Plan your rest days, and look forward to them. If you are sore, get your butt to the gym. If you seriously cannot run, that is when you listen to your body. When your entire legs are too sore to stride on the elliptical--THATS when you stop. Only AFTER the attempt. Never before. THAT is giving 110%. Completing incline sprints with crying hamstrings. THAT is giving 110% And THAT is what you must do to achieve what you want.


Be realistic. Know the difference between soreness and injury. Treat them accordingly. If you're very sore, foam roll, stretch, do cardio to get blood pumping, maybe take an anti-inflammatory like aleve. If you feel that you are actually INJURED, work on other body parts, and see a physical therapist or doctor.


Pauline Nordin of "Fighter Diet" posts a TON on facebook, and recently she posted something about every muscle group being sore, but still going to do intervals on the stair master. It's the only way. Knowing that there are tons of people out there KILLING it, mercilessly despite a little soreness or carb depletion, should be enough motivation to do the same. It is for me! I STICK to my plan, and usually ADD intensity once I'm into my workout zone.


Are you killing it?
It's never too late to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment