Thursday, June 21, 2012

EAT

I changed up my eating plan about 3 weeks ago, and while it took some adjusting to...i'm pretty much on auto pilot at this point, and really in the swing of it. Not giving myself so much wiggle room as I did when transitioning.


Here's what i ate today:


8am: 1 cup eggwhites w/stevia and 1/2cup oat bran with 1tbsp ground flax and 1tbsp whole flax
11am: MONSTER pre-workout


workout: back/chest/20 killer minutes on the stair monster 


12:45 post-workout: heaping scoop sun warrior protein mixed w/water and 5 rice cakes
3pm 1/3cup eggwhites mixed w 1/2scoop sunwarrior made 3 small pancakes. add 1tsp coconut oil. ate with 8oz broccoli
5:45pm NEW SHAKE !!! 1 scoop sunwarrior protein, 12oz water, 4oz unsweetened almond milk, 1tsp coconut oil, 1tsp coconut flour. Ate with 8oz broccoli
6:30---went back to the gym for a brief and intense cardio session (22 mins) and foam rolled. Wasn't really planned, but my mom asked if i wanted to go to the gym. I had to go to the grocery store *which is like 1 minute from the gym* so i figured i could use an extra cardio session.
*cardio was 12 mins bike (3miles) and 10 mins stair monster* then i foam rolled and went grocery shopping
As I was loading the groceries into the fridge, I ate a serving of snap peas and a square of 100%cacao.
Now it's 8:30 and for dinner I'm having:
4oz chicken breast (YES IM EATING CHICKEN NOW!)
1lb green beans
1/2avocado
miracle noodles


See how much i EAT? Some people are seriously afraid of eating so many calories. Well, when you're not just trying to shed weight and see changes on the scale, cutting calories is most likely NOT your answer. In order to preserve muscle, and make strength gains, you need to eat! But eating really clean foods and TONS of vegetables (2-3 pounds a day if you're like me..) will NOT make you FAT. 


See how I consume my real "carbs" before and after my workout... and then the rest of the day all of my carbohydrates come from green vegetables? Pretty tough to get thick eating broccoli and green beans right?


Now, about that 5:45 SHAKE. I was SO SO excited to finally find a way to make my sunwarrior vegan protein taste GOOD. Since I don't eat fruit on a daily basis, blending it into a smoothie is not an option. So here's what I did with my handy dandy vita-mix:
1 scoop sunwarrior
water (4oz or more. Depends how thick you like. I used 1.5cups water)
4oz unsweetened almond milk (again..you can change this. if i had coconut milk i would've used that!)
1tsp coconut oil
1tsp coconut flour
ICE CUBES
Made just the way i made it, 154cals. NOT BAD, RIGHT?! It tastes like coconut. Which i love. Mmmm. Good way to get in some healthy fat from the coconut oil too!


See how much i EAT? And the best part is, when your body becomes used to torching so many calories and eating SO much, the minute you start cutting calories, you'll lean out FAST at first. Don't allow your body to be accustomed to eating like 1200 calories a day, it's not enough! unless you are 100 pounds and very sedentary. but then you wouldn't be reading my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment