Friday, June 22, 2012

Let the monster decide..

Happy Fitness Friday! Did you work out today? Do you usually work out on weekends, or take days off? I have some of my best workouts over the weekends, as I ALWAYS workout on saturday OR sunday, depending which day is rest. The gym is less crowded, and it feels great to get your sweat on when others are being lazy or hungover.


This morning, I thought my glutes were sore. You guys know that doesn't mean I slow down! NO WAY!! I had to run today! While I've REALLY changed my approach to cardio, I need to do a LOT of cardio in a relative sense to avoid gaining weight. WHY? Well, I'm a GIRL, and since I've completely transformed my body, I know how fatty its capable of getting. And i NEVER want to step back into that world. And THAT is why I eat the way I do, and train the way I do, and do CARDIO 4-5 days a week at FULL intensity. If I want to reaaallly lean out, I do 6 days a week.


Anyway. Today, I was set to run. My glutes were sore, and I didn't know how they'd feel while I was running, but I didn't CARE. I'm determined. With my double sports bra, running shorts and sneaks, carbs from the morning, I grabbed my MONSTER pre-workout drink, and drove to the gym. When I hopped on the treadmill, I was feeling SO energized. My 2 cardio sessions yesterday did NOT hold me back from running easily. 


I talk to myself during my runs, and listen to kickass music. It's the only way for me to stay at a relatively constant pace for a long time. I stayed around a 8:50 pace, switching the treadmill from 6.0-8.0. No sprinting. Of course I got bored a few times. That's when I up the speed! 


Threw this in: 
1min 6.0mph/6% incline
1 min 7.0mph/7% incline
1 min 8.0mph/8% incline


Those were a miserable (amazing) 3 minutes. That's what I do to myself when I get BORED, do NOT slow down. I ended up doing 5 miles in under 45 minutes. No walking whatsoever (except the 2mins i walked to warmup).
I walked until I hit 50 minutes to cool down.
Pretty solid run, considering I do NOT remember my last 5 mile run! I'm all about sprinting now!! 


See, this is the kind of determination that I'm always talking about! A few months ago, I would've considered my "sore glutes" along with the rest of my entire body as a reason to not workout, take an unplanned rest day, or "take it easy" on the elliptical.


NOT ANYMORE! 


Tonight I have pole dancing, and then tomorrow my entire body gets to REST!!! I WILL stretch and do lots of foam rolling, I swear.
CHALLENGE YOURSELF, ALWAYS!! 


Here's a little motivation: (Taken this morning)


HAVE A GREAT (FIT) WEEKEND!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I usually wind up working out on either Sat or Sun too - I love how empty the gym is :D Feels like I have the whole place to myself!! Plus I'm less active on the weekends (I have a pretty physical job Mon-Fri) so I get antsy if I just lounge around. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! and being antsy and bored makes it way harder to not just EAT lol

    ReplyDelete