Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lightening up!

Before i get into this post... look at my amazing new pants from lulu lemon! Talk about workout barbie! I wore them today






As promised, I really REALLY switched gears for my LEG workout today. I have been semi-joking about OPERATION BOOTY for a few months...but it has SERIOUSLY payed off...to the point where now I am trying to DOWNSIZE my lower half to match my top half. My waist measures right around 25.5 inches, whereas my hip measurement is about 36 inches. BIG difference! Yeah, my waist has ALWAYS been tiny due to genetics. At my LARGEST my waist was about 28 inches (hips were almost 41. yikes) So now instead of doing HEAVY HEAVY leg days every week, I'm alternating. So today, I focused on using LIGHT weights (compared to usual) and doing 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps, using circuit style training.


It was NOT EASY though! My legs haven't had any sort of break since saturday either, and yesterday's track workout definitely worked them out as well. Here's what my workout looked like:


warmup: 1 mile on the recumbent bike: 3:54, keep biking til 5 mins

**MINIMAL RESTS THROUGHOUT**
circuit 1: 4 sets 12 reps
single leg deadlift w 10lb kettlebell
12 plie squats, 12 plie squats w/10lb kettlebell
stiff leg deadlift w/ 40lb kettlebell


circuit 2: 3 sets 12 reps
alternating lunge w/10lb kettlebell weave through
alternating reverse lunge 
plie squat w/40lb kettlebell
deadlift w/70lb barbell


circuit 3: 4 sets
stiff leg deadlift on bench w/30lb barbell 12 reps
butt to bench squats 20 reps
single leg glute bridge on bench 12 reps


DON'T STOP, KEEP MOVING!!!! 


circuit 4: 3 sets 12-15 reps
barbell squats 45/65/105
reverse hyperextensions using bench **shoutout to powercakes.net for this idea!!**


circuit 5: 2 sets 15 reps
cable kickback
cable inner thigh squeeze


circuit 6: 3 sets 12 reps
stability ball hamstring curl
stability ball glute bridge
3x30 seconds butt plank feet on stability ball


DONE!!!!! I was extra sweaty, and could barely walk.


I recommend you print this out and try it!! modify the weights for your personal ability or goal of course! 


Do you switch things up? Remember, ever want me to write a certain post topic or address something , just ask me! Leave a comment, twitter me, email me, facebook me!

No comments:

Post a Comment