Thursday, July 12, 2012

The transition...SHED THE FAT!

Didn't blog yesterday. Was mom's birthday, and she's the most amazing person in the world and I couldn't possibly stray from bonding with her to write a blog. It would have been all about her anyway. You guys will get a post about her soon...she's so frickin busy I can never get her to be in the gym at the same time as me so I can get some hot pics of her lifting and doing her thing. Seriously, the most amazing mom I could ever wish for. Anyway...moving on to today's topic:


So there are those who just live the fit life every day..I consider myself one of those people. No yo-yo dieting, no juice fasts followed by date night at mcdonalds. I'm not one to think "If I do an extra 45 minutes on the elliptical this bagel is totally okay." 


Yes, I'm human, I dont eat perfectly 100% of the time...can you imagine how ripped I'd be?! Well, it's time for me to tighten up my diet a liiiiittle bit more. For the past few months, I've been REALLY focusing on gaining strength, and my body responds VERY well to strength training with heavy weights, so I've been eating enough to support muscle gain. NO, I WAS NOT "BULKING" ... you see the pictures I put up all the time, I don't have much excess fat covering my abs or anything. I really kept my training and diet consistent from september until now, not micro-managing calories, and always BUSTED MY ASS in the gym more or less every single workout, and managed to add a very decent amount of muscle to my frame. Another plus from all the weight training is that I became more well-proportioned. I built up my shoulders and my back, which balances out my newly developed GLUTES and developed legs. 


Now...its time for the next step. I'm ready to lose more or less all of the fat left covering the muscles I've been working so hard for. I'm happy with the amount of muscle I've gained, and I want to be leaner than I ever thought I could be. So, this is where I get excited, because it means a new chapter for me. This time, I'm on a real meal plan, not adding extra meals just because I'm hungry or because I had a hard lift or two workouts. Its crunch time. This dieting down process is what will finally get rid of my "problem areas" which cannot be erased simply by training hard. Dieting down is not necessarily fun, but I'm ready to do it--for more than a week this time. Call me a nerd, but I'm SO excited!! 


So here I am, On july 12th, publicly announcing my plans to GET LEAN. You know how I am with my stupid cellphone mirror pics, so get ready to see more of those so you can follow my progress...if you care, that is! I'll be keeping my blog readers updated with what I've been eating, how I'm feeling, and what it's really like to say NO to healthy cravings. I will be having small "refeeds" once every 7-14 days, depending on how tight my body is getting. By refeed, I mean higher carbs for the day, less protein, minimal fats. Some call this a carb-load. However, my body does NOT love carbs, so my carb-loading will have to be conservative at first, and I'll do it with oats, ezekiel bread, and starchy veggies like beets, carrots, and snap peas. Fast carbs will have to wait for when I am REALLY making some progress. 


The great thing about my diet is that I'm coming from eating between 2000-2500 cals/day, depending on training, so I cut to 1850 to begin with. Thats still a LOT of food, especially because my carbs are strictly oats, broccoli, green beans (and rice cakes only post-weight training).. Let's see how it goes! I've been REALLY good at sticking to my plan since Monday, and I feel amazing. 


Want to make a transition? What are you waiting for!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment