Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th IDEAS

July 4th--apparently the day our country gained independence over 200 years ago. So, being the kind and generous blog diva that I am, I'm giving you some QUICK WORKOUT IDEAS! Something for everyone. Cardio queens and iron pushers alike. ALL Guaranteed to make you SWEAT for LIFE. All workouts can EASILY be completed in less than 40 minutes and have MAXIMUM afterlife...meaning, your body doesn't stop burning when you stop working out. (No, that doesn't mean barbeque madness is canceled out. If you eat 3 hamburgers...you still ate 3. Not figuratively 1 since you burned the others off earlier. Come ON people, we know it doesn't work like that!!)


For my cardio lovers. OR those who just have a cardio day planned, or are in the mood to run:
-4 mile run. **added challenge: add 4% incline for as long as you can handle!**
-40 minutes on the stair master


For my iron pushers:
LOAD UP THE PLATES.


4x4 sets of:
Barbell Squats
Deadlifts
Push Press
Bench Press


Finish with:
44 pushups
40 sec plank x 4


For my people at the beach:


Sand workout:


40 squat jumps
40 walking lunges
40 pushups
40 tricep dips


40 secs sprint, walk back. complete until you drop.


HOW's THAT?! Everyone should have SOMETHING to do. These quickies are appropriate for pre, during, or after barbeque festivities.


I do NOT like bbqs at ALL. I don't eat chips. or guacamole. or burgers. or hot dogs. or corn. or watermelon. I HATE mosquitoes and am not a huge fan of being bitten by them as I try to watch man made explosions in the sky.
However,  I know that some people LIVE for the holiday, or just reasons to drink on a weekday and plow through tostitos. Welp. Just another Wednesday for me. Work, gym, veggies and sleep!


Hope you take my advice and get a quick workout in!! 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! No excuses, play like a champion, even on holidays!

    ReplyDelete