Thursday, July 26, 2012

Quick trip to the ER...

Oops i did it again! Last time I had to be rushed to the ER, I was just about to start a workout at the gym. On Tuesday, I was getting ready for my second workout of the day, and was SO hyped because I was set for DEADLIFTS in a new gym since I'm in LA! I was putting my hair up (yes, the most mundane task in the world) and my neck snapped and I heard two cracking sounds. I choked up for a second, couldn't even say OUCH, and walked over to my bed to sit down. I reached for my phone, and thought maybe the pain would lessen after the initial shock. The pain got worse, and I had to call my mom to tell her to come back to the hotel. I was crying in pain, couldn't move my neck to the right side or look up. I turned to twitter for immediate help (crazy that its normal to tweet in emergency situations, but I KNEW some of my fitness people could help me out)
**BIG THANKS TO KELVIN GARY FROM BODYSPACE NYC..** kelvin, you were the first person to reach out and respond so promptly to my tweets!! 


Anyhow, needless to say my mom RUSHED back to the hotel and insisted on bringing me to the ER. The ER was a HOT MESS, but i was x-rayed and given pain meds and anti-inflammatory pills. I had major hopes for doing 2 hours of cardio on Wednesday, but the meds had me KNOCKED OUT and nauseous ALL DAY. So here I am on Thursday, did my cardio this morning .. but even using the elliptical handles pinched my neck a little bit. So needless to say I'm anxious to get back to my iron. VERY anxious. i have a bodyweight leg workout planned for later, I guess I'll just do single leg squats, squat jumps, lunges..I'm really trying to keep all pressure off my neck, and I think running downhill on the uneven terrain in Runyon Canyon might have had something to do with spurring my sudden injury. This blog post sounds like word vomit , I apologize...I'm seriously on vacation mode and I'm drinking my decaf iced coffee and talking to a new friend and my sister and well, I'm just kind of in the moment. Bare with me.


I'm going to Venice Beach today, and I don't know if I'll be able to climb the ropes like usual, and definitely won't be attempting pull-ups on the iron gym like I do every year. Okay I'm having serious ADD at the moment.


By the way, trying to have my regular meals on vacation has been slight of a nightmare...Eggwhites and broccoli via hotel microwave are stinky, plain grilled chicken is near impossible to get a hold of. I'm trying SO hard !! Doing the best I can. Yesterday I did have some peanut butter. Boy it was good. I'm starting to see the cut between the shoulder and triceps nicely..so I guess I AM leaning out, despite the fact that I dont have solid abs coming in at the moment.


Expect a nice reflective post from me soon, when I'm thinking coherently. My brain is mush right now.


BYE!!!

1 comment:

  1. You little MANIAC!!!! I hope you are okay! Slow down girl, relax and enjoy the weather! Take it all in! Cali has my heart!!! I miss it! And I miss you!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete