Monday, July 16, 2012

Smiling and sore!

I'm in SUCH a good mood, despite this whole hunger thing. One thing I'm learning is that the calorie restriction gets easier with time. The first few days of this new diet, I was STARVING, and luckily strong-willed enough to ignore the hunger, but still. It was HARD. Now, about 6 days into getting serious about getting lean, my body is adjusting better to the strict regiment, and smaller meals..with no snacks in between and no accessory meals. 


But I am so NOT miserable!! I absolutely LOVE the way I'm feeling. My workouts are HARDER, and I am SORE as hell...But i absolutely LOVE everything about it!! Sure, I might joke about the fact that Oat bran is the best part of my day...or the fact that I salivate for my post-workout plain rice cakes...but I'm LOVING this whole process. I iced cupcakes with my sister last night, and had Absolutely NO desire to eat them. Keep in mind, that was 2 hours after I'd eaten dinner, and I was in hunger mode. I drank some diet snapple green tea stuff (gross, for the record) to keep my hunger manageable. 


I love love love everything about my routine right now! And, it's not like I'm over here starving! 1850 cals a day (or 1730 if I skip my optional eggwhite +tsp fish oil "snack")...and pretty much zero cardio. I'm weight training 5x a week, and doing less than 90 mins of cardio per WEEK, since I'm trying to let my knees have some rest so that I can gradually add in more and more cardio to lean out and most importantly get my SPRINT on!! I miss it!! 


I'm even excited to stick to my diet in LA! My workouts are definitely taking a twist in LA--since i am obsessed with Runyon canyon...therefore will likely be running and climbing it every day! By the way...I go to LA on saturday! 


Well, this is my happy post! LOL...I'm hungry, but happy!
Let my happiness rub off on you and go do some WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment