Friday, July 13, 2012

Leaning out: starting point

This morning, I took measurements and wrote them down. I will be taking these measurements every friday morning to track progress. I like to use the mirror and measurements to track my progress, since the scale gets WAY too far into my head. I don't step on a scale unless a doctor tells me to. And here's top secret info: when I was last weighed (in the hospital for my surgery) I was just over 132 pounds. I lost 4 pounds during my hospitalization, but definitely gained it back with the help of my um...recovery meal plan. Some girls might be like SHIT thats heavy (I'm 5'4'') ... but I was wearing size 4 and under! I do NOT have a small frame and I got lotssss of muscle on me. In fact, my weight has hovered around 135 for about a year, and you can see the progression with every photo i post. While it might take time, getting leaner is way more rewarding than just dropping pounds, in my opinion. Anyway, surgery was in January and i have not weighed myself since!  SO, i measure. 


Friday, July 13th, 2012:
Chest: (around fullest part of my boobs) 35 inches
waist: 26.5 inches
Hips: 37 inches
Thigh: 22.5 inches


I do not constrict myself when i measure. I used to do that. That, is LYING to yourself, I think. If I SQUEEZE the heck outta the measuring tape, then yes I could have a 25 inch waist! Lol, it would be lying to myself. I use a MYOTAPE measuring tape that snaps into place so you can let go and read the measurement, and make sure you aren't holding it too tight. 


I'll update again next Friday as far as the measurements go, and each day I'll be posting my usual workout/food/fitness thoughts, ideas, rants, and what not.


And, you'll be getting plenty of progress pictures! The ones I took this morning are not internet appropriate...you guys aren't allowed to see my butt ! Lol 
Pictures and observing in the mirror are my favorite way to track positive progress, but measurements are concrete, and will make my experience more objective, and will really let me know if my plan is working, or if i need to step it up.


Have a great weekend !!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I love using measurements too!!!! And pictures of course - they tell the whole story!

    ReplyDelete