Thursday, July 19, 2012

Carbs dont like me

So as you all know, I'm trying to get super lean. I really don't feel like writing a post about the concept of carb-cycling, re-feeding, carb-loading, (these three things are not interchangeable, but frequently are clumped together in diet blogs..)


Needless to say, I decided that once every 7-14 days, I would up my carbs for ONE day, and replace the VEGGIES with GRAINS..


I'm never doing this again. My body does NOT like the grains like it used to! ICK ICK ICK !!! 
I started by doubling my morning measure of oat bran. THAT was heavenly!!! But from now on, I will stop there, and maybe add a rice cake or two post-workout on my "carb" days if I so desire. It's helpful for some people to break the calorie cycle during a diet-down in order to shock your body. I've been so so so perfectly disciplined for the past 8 days, and to prevent a break-down/cheat spree, I planned to do this carb thing. Oh lord I am not a fan!! This morning (even AFTER breakfast) I felt SO lean, and didn't even WANT to do the carbs. Truly, I should have listened to my gut and just continued with my regular day and eaten my broccoli, green beans, egg whites, chia, and fish oil. Yes, that's the majority of my diet. lol.


Anyway. I definitely made some visual progress since I officially updated the blog with my 
goal to lean out! Tonight I worked back and biceps in the gym, and holy crap! My delts are really starting to come through. 


Here are pics from yesterday morning and today:

I'm psyched to do some intense cardio tomorrow morning before breakfast...try to shake some more of these carbs out of my system. ick. I will definitely look back at this post every single time I am in the mood for a dangerous carb splurge. I have been relying on veggies as my primary source of carbs for a WHILE now, not just the past 9 days...so my system is NOT used to the whole grain/wheat thing. My tummy is NOT happy. And I officially don't miss fruit. EW! Crazy how your taste buds can CHANGE! I'll be dreaming of obliques and green beans tonight, not oat bran! Maybe that's the best part of this carb day...haha.


Moral of the story? I don't know, my lesson learned is to NOT just do something because every other dieter swears by it. No matter how much I love my oat bran, once a day is plenty. Oh, here's a good lesson to learn from my mistake: LISTEN TO YOUR DAMN BODY!!! Can't I EVER learn to take my own freakin' advice?! Oh, the struggle!! Let's hope I'm looking lean tomorrow, and not like a mushy bowl of oats. 


Count down to Body By Liz in Los Angeles: 1 DAY!!!!!!!! Saturday I'm outta here!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment