Monday, July 23, 2012

My LA love affair

I got to LA on Saturday. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it here, and DO plan on moving out here after I graduate college. NYC is my home, but I'm SO ready to try LA on for size, for real! The vibe here is just so different, people are SO fit and health-conscious, and superficial and HOT ! 


The most amazing thing is that the hotel gave me a microwave and mini-fridge! I'm not going to lie, prepping food in a hotel room is NOT fun, and I had to take advantage of an oh-so generous family friend and use their kitchen to make chicken and steam my green beans.


The hotel I stay in has an AMAZING well-equipped fitness center also, and nobody is ever in there! I've been doing morning cardio before breakfast, and going back in the afternoon for lifting and more cardio. Operation lean out is not stopping here!! I'm really enjoying the lifestyle here, and loving my time off from work and my usual gym at home..


This morning, my mom and I hit runyon canyon for an hour. Being done with an intense hour of trail climbing and running by 9:15 feels amazing, its such a liberating way to start the week! I am a self-proclaimed gym rat, but being out in the hot sun sprinting down the sandy hills of Runyon Canyon with an INSANE view of LA and the Hollywood Hills is unlike ANY OTHER WORKOUT. If you're ever in Los Angeles, the canyon is a MUST! Hope you find parking...LOL.


Now its 11am LA time and I'm about to get on my bikini and take my butt out in the sun. Here are some pics I snapped during after my shoulder/abs workout in the hotel gym. I love working out alone because i can take pics !







I'll keep you guys updated on my week here! I'm planning to have LOTS of fun, good workouts, and boring food...body by liz vacation right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment