Sunday, May 27, 2012

Trackstar!

With the weather warming up, I've been loving the sun, and driving around in my bug with the top down. So, needless to say..I did NOT want to do my cardio workout inside on Saturday. It was gorgeous out, so I decided to go out to the track! I've never completed a workout at a track before, and wow...


IT WAS AMAZING!!! 
To warm up, I started walking . About 1/2 a lap in, my endorphins were going and the monster was kicking in and I started running. I had NO set layout for my workout, just went by the feel.


I ran, jogged, sprinted, and walked around the track. I did walking lunges on the turf, Sprints on the turf. I climbed the stadium stairs, sprinted up the stadium stairs. I did planks and pushups. There were almost NO other people there during my workout.


It was at least 80 degrees, and its always hotter on turf.


Here are some stats from my workout:
Fastest 1 lap: 1:52
Fastest 2 laps: 3:58
Fastest run up stairs: 9 seconds


While I wasn't strictly counting laps, I can say that I easily covered more than 3 miles. Likely closer to 4. I did more than 100 walking lunges, and spent at least 10 minutes running the stairs during my workout.


The change of scenery was SO motivating! I definitely plan on doing more workouts at the track.


Workout stats:
55 minutes
556 cals burned


Re-fuel:
1 scoop sunwarrior vegan protein mixed with water
veggie salad: broccoli slaw, bell peppers, 2 slices of apple, grapes for garnish, 2 steamed baby beets


But wait.......
The Aftermath.....


MY LEGS...OUCH!!!! I kind of saw it coming, because I have a tendency to be so "into" my workout, that I refuse to stop. Especially because Friday was a day off, and Thursday was a no-cardio workout...so I was ready to GO when I put on my running sneakers. But hey, nothing wrong with working out too hard sometimes! Better than not working hard enough! So yeah there's my Saturday track workout.


Any experienced track runners reading this? Any fun ideas for my next visit to the track?

1 comment: