Saturday, May 19, 2012

Super Sore Saturday

I've been an absolute MACHINE since monday, and i think it's starting to wear on me! Its been a week without fruits and sugar, and while I have ZERO craving for it, I really think the anti-inflammatory affect of my usual berries, and potassium from post-workout bananas really help my body to recover. Sure, my training has been SUPER intense this week, but not any more than usual! I'm ALWAYS intense! Since yesterday i did a REALLY tough upper body workout and treacherous treadmill run AND pole dancing, today was cardio time--in hopes of letting my legs "rest" by pedaling away on my favorite machine, the octane. Baby was i wrong. I spent 55 painful minutes on the octane, and finished up with 15 minutes on the treadmill, running, side shuffling, running backwards, and walking. I am determined to get my stride back! 
This soreness is seriously driving me NUTS though! And here's the thing--I'm NOT carb depleted, since I have my oat bran every morning, and get enough carbs from vegetables after my workout and during the rest of the day. As today progressed, I began to lose my appetite completely after 2pm. I just had a spoon of natural peanut butter and scoop of protein for dinner, 4 hours since my last meal of cabbage and 2 eggwhites and 1/2 small avocado...NOT normal for me!! I didn't nearly hit my usual calorie intake range today, so I think tomorrow I'm going to add in extra carbs before and after my workout to rev my engine , which can sometimes help after cutting calories from your daily intake. 
Tomorrow, I might throw a BANANA into the mix. oh baby. but come Monday, back to veggies and lower on the carbs, because it definitely DOES work for me. My back is starting to lean out more also. For the record, its kinda (Really FREAKIN) hard to get a decent picture of your own back muscles, but here's what i got:
I have a NUMBER of things to thank for this beautiful V-TAPER I'm getting:
--HEAVY shoulder workouts
--DEADLIFTS (total body, great for the back as well as hams and glutes)
--SQUATS (again, total body..that LINE down the back)
--and most importantly, TORCHING my back muscles with things like THIS--lat pull downs, db lat raises, cable lat raises, seated rows, reverse flys, bent over unilateral rows (using 40lb dbells these days..), and POLE DANCING is a sick back workout


So. Tomorrow, my goal is to get WAY more carbs in (hello HUGE serving of oat bran !!) but to not eat CRAPPY carbs. still keeping it really clean. Less protein and fat, but way more carbs. The real challenge will be to get right back on track come Monday. I'm SO motivated to get as lean as possible though, so I think I can do ANYTHING I put my mind to!! 


You want something?
Wanna see your back muscles popping out of your sports bra, instead of fat hanging over?
YOU CAN DO IT. 
It's not easy, but it can sure as hell be FUN if you like a CHALLENGE!! 


Kick ass this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment