Friday, May 18, 2012

Hit the ground RUNNING..TGIF!



Alright, operation runner Liz is getting back in action. To think that I ran 6 miles on Easter in roughly 50 minutes...makes today's goal seem laughable. I wanted to do a 3 mile run today. No time limit, just 3 miles, no sprints and intervals..just running. Holy crap was this a humbling experience. My favoring of interval training has caused my ability to just run to completely vanish. Just because i can handle sprints the speed of rush hour traffic clearly doesn't mean I can still run like I used to. 
3 miles was absolutely painful. My legs felt heavy after running for 3 minutes at a time. I had to spend a total of 5 minutes throughout the 3 miler walking, and varied my speed between 6.0 and 9.0. I wanted to jump off that damn treadmill and just STOP it! But, you know me--I didn't! 
Stats: 3 miles
27:20 (I don't think I've run that SLOW in YEARS...)


I stayed on the treadmill walking at 4.0 until i hit 30 minutes.
Then I did 35 minutes of circuit training, changed up my weights and reps -- using lighter and more reps just to pump up my muscles and burn.
Total workout stats:
1:05
508 calories


Not bad! I go to WORK in the gym!
Its all about the outfit, I swear. Like, before I went to the gym, I started putting on my lululemon pants...then i was like nope, i need shorts, i gotta breathe when i'm running. I'm still doing really well with my diet this week. No fruit, no problem!


8am Breakfast: 1/3c oatbran, 1/2c wheatbran, 6 oz eggwhites, chia seeds
11am workout
12:45pm post workout
6 oz eggwhites w/spinach
2 bags sugar snap peas *there's my big carbs for the day!*
1pm laying in the backyard..sippin ICE water for an hour..
Now its 4pm and I'm drinking decaf iced coffee... planning to eat at 5ish before I head to the city for pole dancing (that meal will be 4oz sprouted tofu, 12oz cabbage, miracle noodles, 6oz broccoli slaw, flax seeds)
At 7:30 I'll pole, and when I get home around 10 I'll have my little protein cake (1 scoop chocolate protein, 1tb natural peanut butter, splash eggwhite and water, microwaved)

Let's have a sick weekend, with clean food and good workouts!! And...ENJOY THIS AMAZING WEATHER! 

1 comment: