Tuesday, May 15, 2012

MAKE IT RAIN!!

If you don't already know---i HATE rain. Like seriously. Give me 110º heat instead of rain any day!! With that said, it was great to eat breakfast, drink hot coffee, watch tv, and do NOTHING all morning. Just amped myself up for the time I'd be spending in the gym later. Tuesdays, without fail, are LEG DAYS. That means squats, lunges, booty work.
Here's what my day looked like:
8 am: breakfast
1/3c oat bran
1/3c wheat bran
3 eggwhites
1tbsp chia seeds



11:15: pre-workout
5 eggwhites 
spinach
sliced bell pepper
snap peas
2 spoons fresh avacodo


1pm: workout


3pm: post-workout
8oz shredded green cabbage
handful pea shoots
snap peas
scoop chocolate protein mixed with water, microwaved for 1min. (yes, tasty!)


4:30 OMG HUNGRY before running errands
1 bell pepper covered in a few spoons from fresh avocado


5:45 awkward dinner number 1
3 eggwhites
spinach
2 stalks celery
snap peas


I'll eat real dinner between 8-9 pm..judging by how hungry i am right now, closer to 8
5oz sprouted tofu
12 oz shredded cabbage
6 oz broccoli/cauliflower mix
1 package 0 calorie miracle noodles
whole flaxseeds


Talk about clean eating huh! Day number 2 of strictly veggies for carbs. My issue with today was lack of protein variety. I should have a can of tuna or something to break from all the freakin eggwhites. Sometimes its tough without eating any type of chicken, turkey,dairy, meat, or fish!
My body responds immediately when I eat really clean. Check out this morning:
When I take pictures like this it motivates me to keep eating super clean! My obliques will start to show more, and the vein at the bottom will peek out in pictures. I'll get there soon! I'm busting my ASS in the gym, and goin hard with my damn veggies! I don't care what anyone else says: 150g of carbs from cabbage, peppers, spinach, and peas, does NOT affect your body like 150g carbs from cereal, fruits, rice, crackers, etc...even if they're all whole grain! The best part about switching to veggies is that I can eat a TON which helps my appetite...which can be BIG.




So here's my leg crushing workout *not exact, because I do things on the fly and until I feel enough burn to move onto the next exercise. But I'll list the majors.


Warm-up with 30 reps of stiff legged deadlifts with 45lb bar 


Good mornings with 45lb barbell: 3x10 reps
Deadlifts: 45/65/85/115/125/135 : 10/10/10/10/8X2/3x3
--after all sets complete, remove all plates and do stiff legged deads with 45lb barbell to failure
**in between deadlift sets, i did plank walks 20 secs on, 10 secs off, for 2 minutes**


Squats: Barbell Squat, Sissy Squat, Sumo Squat
Warmup: Sumo squats no weight 20 reps, 30 sissy squats, squeeze glutes at top
Sumo squat w/55lb dumbbell 2x15 reps
Barbell Squat: 45/65/65/85/105/115 : 10/10/10/10/8/8
Calf raises w/45lb barbell 6x10reps


Cables
Stiff legged kickback 2x10 reps
inner thigh cable 2x10 reps
lateral cable kick 2x15 reps


Hyperextensions w/glute squeeze 5x12 reps (lower back and upper butt)


Cardio: 12 mins on Octane
Plyos 10 mins: 20 secs on, 10 secs off
Burpees 
Box jumps (using progressive box height)
Jump squats


I went until i couldn't feel my legs anymore! OUCH!!! 


Workout stats:
Time-- 1:22
Cals-- 477 (41% from fat)


SUCCESS!! 
Operation bikini booty in full effect!


Tomorrow, cardio session and pole dancing on the workout menu! How are YOU whipping your booty into summer shape?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment