Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Burning up the gym!

Wow. let me just tell all of you have freakin HAPPY i am lately...thanks to this outstanding sunshine!! I'm still managing to eat my oats in the morning...I don't know if i can part ways with them, even though I probably will soon. Today, I headed out to the gym around 11 with carbs and caffeine in my system, juiced up for leg day. I finished about 1/3 of my monster can on the way to the gym. I drive a VW bug convertible, so just driving to the gym with the top down, music blasting, sun on my shoulders , really psyches me up for my workout.




When I got to the gym, I didn't have any plan for my workout, AS USUAL! I just knew I wanted to DEADLIFT .. a lot. So, I warmed up my legs (which were a little tight and sore from my running yesterday,) on the recumbent bike for 10 minutes. That got me pretty sweaty!


Then, BOTH squat racks were taken, So I improvised until someone left. I do so many warmup exercises that I don't really count as "sets" per say. I just do them to get ready to squat and deadlift heavy weight.


Some of my warmups today included:
Good mornings w/40lb barbell
stiff leg deads w/40lb barbell
single leg deads w/35lb kettlebell
plie squats w/35lb kettlebell
reverse lunges holding 35lb kettlebell
sumo deads holding 35 lb kettlebell
overhead squats
super wide stance plie squats
reverse lunges w/10lb plate overhead


After all those fun warmups, BOOM...squat rack available. It wasn't the one I wanted, because you cannot DEADLIFT with a full range of motion inside of it, because there are these dumb bars on the sides which are almost as high as my knees! Most stupid people in the gym use that range of motion for deadlifts...just like the client who was being trained by her trainer before I could use it.  So, I took the barbell OUT of the rack and put it on the floor, where I like to pick it up from. Loading plates onto a bar on the floor is so damn irritating when you're working out alone, especially once fatigue sets in. Sliding 25 and 45 pound plates around is much easier when the bar is elevated. 
Oh well. Put a little extra work into my workout.


Oh, beloved deadlifts. Here's the work:
65lbs 10 reps
85 lbs 10 reps
105 lbs 8 reps x2
125 lbs 8,6,5
then...slid of all the 25lb and 10lb plates i had put on, and switched to the 45lb plates
135lbs 8 reps. WHAT! 
135 didn't feel super heavy today! So, I got excited. I decided to throw in another set to make sure it wasn't just good luck.
135lbs 5 reps. 
Then, I was feeling so good, I thought .. hey, 155?
155lbs failure. I don't know why, I tried to get it off the floor.  I was nervous because my nails are WAY too long and were messing up my grip to begin with. I tried twice, I couldn't do it. SOOO....
145lbs 4 reps, 3 reps


Not too bad!! 
I unloaded the bar, and did some stiff leggeds just because im crazy. Then I decided to do some squats. Didn't get super heavy.
65lbs 12 reps
85 lbs 12 reps
105 lbs 10 reps
125lbs 8 reps, 6 reps


Then I just did 2sets of 10, super slow and controlled ham/glute extensions


I also worked on pull-ups today. Narrow grip and wide grip. I can pretty much do a narrow grip if i give the slightest hop. Wide grip are beastly, and I've been working on negative reps to increase my progress. So I'll kinda hop up to the bar and lower down as slowly as i can. I'm determined!


Post-workout meal:
6oz eggwhites w/spinach
snap peas,2 steamed baby beets


YUM!


What am I doing right now at 5:15pm? Drinking this: 
Venti decaf BLACK iced coffee with sugarfree hazelnut
LOVE MY STARBUCKS! I like to have my decaf coffee in the afternoon because it keeps me from unwanted snacking and eating too much


BONUS:
Here's a pic of my um...rear assets...PROGRESS! Remember operation booty? Well, she's still in full swing, and always will be...but i think I'm getting much better at it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment