Monday, May 14, 2012

Back to the treadmill..

For the past 4-6 weeks, I've slowly distanced myself form those long , drawn out sessions on the treadmill, where I would run anywhere from 4-6.5 miles. I've been spending more time using other cardio machines, lifting more, and sprinting when I use the treadmill--usually spending 20-30 minutes on it per session. 
I love kicking my ass and the intensity of doing sprints after a tough lift. BUT, I DON'T WANT TO FORGET HOW TO RUN! I know, this might sound dumb, but you'd be surprised. I decided I'm going to keep one running workout in my schedule every week. Like today: Biceps/Triceps/Running. I used a circuit-style for today's workout, with 10 minute treadmill rounds, keeping my speed between 6.5-8.0, no walking allowed.


Monday Workout:


Treadmill round 1:
Run for 10 minutes. Speed between 6.0-7.5mph. Walk @ 4.0 from 10-11min
Distance covered: 1.12 miles


Strength round 1: Cables for Bis/Tris -- 3 sets, 10 reps
Unilateral Back bicep curl 
Bicep curl with rope
Overhead tricep extension
Stiff arm pull down


Treadmill round 2:
Run for 10 minutes. Speed between 6.5-8.0. Walk @4.0 from 10-11 min
Distance covered: 1.22 miles


Strength round 2: 3 sets + drop sets and negatives
Barbell bicep curl 40lbs 
One arm bicep curl 25lbs *did mainly negative reps here*
Tricep kickbacks 15lb dbells
Skullcrushers 40lb barbell
Leg raises off bench


Treadmill round 3:
Run for 10 minutes. .min 1-5 between 6.5-8.0. min 5-10 alternate btwn sprint and recover (9.0/4.0)
min 10-11 walk 3.0
Distance covered: 1.13 miles


Strength round 3:
Swiss ball pike/plank
Swiss ball crunch to pushup
Swiss ball pushup
Tricep pushups





Did some streching and foam rolled. Holy crap!! Sick workout. Just what I needed, especially because my diet fell off the wagon yesterday--unintentionally i swear. i was starving and all there was to eat was stupid crackers because the beautiful salad got doused in olive oil and lemon. ew. *note: olive oil and lemon is a very healthy dressing alternative as long as you measure it, but i HATE HATE HATE any type of oil or dressing*


Then, I hit this for post-workout: (1:30pm)
1 bag shredded cabbage cole slaw w/carrots
1 cup peas
5 eggwhites w//handful spinach


4:30pm--afternoon snack
bag snap peas
small chopped red pepper
1 scoop chocolate protein mixed with water. pudding!


dinner agenda:
1 bag shredded cabbage
1 chopped bell pepper
1/2 bag broccoli and cauliflower
4oz sprouted tofu


You're like: what the hell is with the cabbage? put it this way: a pound of cabbage has 100 calories, and VERY little carbs due to the high fiber content. its ridiculously filling, and is a great source of vitamin C as well! I'm trying to drop some pounds in the next two weeks, so cabbage is my friend!! I'm quite lucky to LIKE cabbage though. Don't force yourself to eat things you don't like!


I feel so much BETTER when I'm 100% confident in my workouts and diet. Here's to living the clean life!! 


Who's gonna stay on track with me!?

No comments:

Post a Comment