Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I FEEL PREGNANT.

Having an injury always sucks. Especially when it really interferes with your workouts. I pulled my left oblique last Wednesday, and its still in a LOT of pain..like, it hurts to open doors. I can't contract the muscle at all, so I just look bloated and relaxed. It's disgusting. I feel unsexy and fat. I've been trying to keep my workout intensity high, without affecting the injury...but NOT working the core for an entire week is definitely not helping the appearance of my tummy. Cardio is no problem, I can even sprint without pain in that area. I had a SICK leg workout today, and made use of machines that ASSIST the exercise to not stress out my core with too much stabilization. I used the Smith Squat system for squats, lunges, and deadlifts. I used the Leg Press, Standing hamstring curl, and hyperextension. I also used the cables, but held onto the sides so my core didn't have to work much. "Operation Booty" is REALLY working! I'm seeing improvements in my rear end, which is something to be happy for. I figure that if my butt looks bigger, it doesn't matter AS much if my stomach looks relaxed....even though it drives me INSANE!!! Also, I have this tendency to self-medicate with food when I have an injury or something. Like, oh I can have grapes because I'm injured and look fat anyway. Not such a good mentality. I've been eating too much fruit, too many carbs...and that makes me feel like CRAP after a couple of days. I HATE writing blogs that aren't super motivating and happy and cheerleader-like, but this is the truth for me at the moment, and I think it's important to SHARE the truth. Tomorrow, I'm going to attempt to combat these feelings of fatness and grossness by shocking my system with super low carbs, and eating mainly proteins, veggies, and seeds. No fruit tomorrow. I'll have oat bran and chia seeds for breakfast, but no grains for the rest of the day. I know my body, and after 2-3 days of eating like that, I'll feel much better. With time, the injury should continue to heal itself as well. I'm hoping to be happy with my appearance again by the weekend. Why do I care about this so much? Because its ME, i can't help it. Some people might not know what their abs look like...I'm not one of those people. I work very hard to look the way I do, and to feel good about it as well. I am HAPPIEST when I am lean, not when I'm puffy or eating less clean than usual.


Don't worry though, the most important part of the process is to HEAL my injury. I know this, DON'T think that I'm overworking myself , or avoiding my own advice.
Even though I feel like a CARDIO BUNNY lately...I have an HOUR of cardio planned for tomorrow. My legs are SMASHED, and DESTROYED from today's leg workout...so I have a feeling I'll be on the arc trainer, incline at 20, resistance between 5-15, intervals. Besides running, i DREAD doing cardio. Give me dumbbells ANY DAY and I won't wanna stop! Oh well...say a prayer for my left oblique please!! 


XOXO


PS----SUBMIT FOR 12 FREE NUGO BARS BY TOMORROW!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment