Monday, April 9, 2012

An Easter 6 miler

Happy late Easter! Hope the Easter Bunny was good to you. He was good to me...
instead of showing you tons of candy and milk chocolate that I couldn't eat even if I WANTED to... here's my favorite Easter treat :-) 
I guess Peter Cottontail knows me better than I thought!
Before the Easter egg hunting and family festivities began, I made some pink oatmeal with bunny poops .. uh.. i mean *1/2c oats 1/2c wheat bran + fresh raspberries +1tb chia seeds* and went to the gym for a nice date with the treadmill.
I wanted to run for a long time, I had SO much energy from my easter breakfast and coffee. So, once I got to the gym, I hopped on the treadmill with the intention of doing 5 miles. Well, when I hit 5 miles, I didn't want to get off, so I did 6!! 


Stats:
Distance: 6 miles
Time: 51:12
Calories: 534


I only incorporated some sprints after I had hit 3 miles. The run felt REALLY good, and I had no soreness the following day. 


post-run shake: 1 scoop sun warrior protein/ 1 FAT RIPE NANA/water/ice cubes


Throughout the day, I had lots of yummy fruits, an eggwhite with stevia, cinnamon, and wheat bran, and yummy wild salmon with fresh sliced cukes and peppas on top.


Did you workout on Easter?
Did you eat peeps, pastel m+ms, and chocolate bunnies?!

No comments:

Post a Comment