Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lost my mojo for a minute..






Alright, this is it. Back to the blog. REALLY. Every day posting resumes NOW!!! Lots to catch you all up on. I hate when my favorite bloggers go a few DAYS without a blog post, so I feel terrible about my blog neglect. I have been feeling so Blah lately, mainly because of the injury in my left oblique. I HATE not being able to push 110% when I WANT to, because even the workouts i HAVE been doing have been aggravating the muscles, so that its sore all time. Even though I've been avoiding "core" workouts, I did go to pole class, and lifting weights requires a lot of core stabilization, so its not like my oblique has really gotten time to sleep. I guess its like being allowed to take naps, but never a full night rest. Today (Saturday) is my day off the gym, so my oblique can really sleep all day. And as much as I hate to admit this, my diet has NOT been up to par. I'm a way happier girl when I eat super clean and regimented. Lately...I've been having some great, typical, nutritious meals..but not stopping there (you know what I mean..) Diet and exercise REALLY go hand in hand, so when one hand is partly closed, its hard to hold hands with the other. In this case, since my oblique injury is compromising my workouts, I'm frustrated and less focused, therefore happen to be making too many relaxed choices with food. My breakfast and early meals tend to be perfect and on-plan...but as the day goes on, snacks happen,too many carbs happen..you name it. I'm human too people! I might not eat white bread or table sugar, but I do eat less than perfect sometimes. On a VERY rare occasion. This is a slump for me. It's lasted less than 2 weeks and I feel like its lasted months. I NEED to fall back in love with my vegetables, and try to lean out my belly because I haven't been able to get that "rock hard" feeling after a tough ab workout that keeps me feeling tight. I'm going to need YOU guys to help me get my feet back on the ground so I can keep making progress and updating you! This is the picture I took recently that i AM happy with: 
why do i like this picture? Because it represents the best feeling in the world that I get when I'm lifting super heavy, my muscles are fatiguing, and all of my veins start to pop out. It makes me want to push EVEN harder until I'm afraid theyre going to POP! Hey, whatever it takes to push through a workout right? This was taken at night, a few hours after a good lift. Muscles still needed more oxygen to GROW (at least that's what I like to think...)


Here's a photo I'm proud of, and striving to SURPASS once this injury is healed: 

Due to the lighting, you can't even see how leaned out I was, but my stomach felt nice and empty and flat. I had been eating really clean, and cut out sugar and salt for only 3-4 days before this, and didn't eat much the day I took this picture. Was still drinking lots of water, had coffee that morning. In different lighting, here's what my stomach looked like: A bit different huh? It's GRIND TIME!!! Who's with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment