Tuesday, April 10, 2012

JUST PUSH IT

The title of the post speaks for itself. If you don't PUSH your own limits, who will? I know, it's easier said than done, but I challenge you--next time you're in the gym, pick up the HEAVIER weights. Up the incline on your treadmill. Increase the resistance to the HIGHEST level on the elliptical. You cannot expect different results if you continue to do the same things. You've probably heard and seen that time and time again, but I'm telling you ONE MORE TIME! If you push your own limits and succeed, its an AMAZING and redeeming feeling. You can walk out of the gym like, damn i can deadlift my own bodyweight 6 times ..cool! And if not..guess what? It doesn't mean anything. Try to curl the 30 pound dumbbell, and the weight doesn't move anywhere? Too heavy? Fine. Try again next time! You will never know if you don't TRY. 


Anyway..here's some of the highlights of my day. Tuesday= early mornings, 4.5hrs of class, and LEG DAY at the gym.


6:45 -- yummy breakfast 
1/2c wheat bran
1/3c oat bran
1tb chia seeds
1/2scoop protein powder


then , the best part of my day came: WORKOUT TIME. Before my workout, all i wanted was some freakin grapes. so, I had a cup full of grapes, a ZERO monster, and was amped out of my mind. To make things even better, I had a really cute outfit put together for the gym. I love when I wear cute matching gym stuff, such a nerd I know. And on days when I don't run, I can wear little sports bras with no double-bra (ugh, the struggles of having BOOBS), because I don't care about support when I'm squatting and deadlifting my life away.
Check out how perfectly this goes together!
I like to workout in tight clothes and little tank tops because I like to see the definition and contour of my muscles, it motivates me to keep going and keep on gettin sweaty! Not to mention, tight clothes make it easier to see your form and spinal alignment when you're working out and such.  I like to feel sexy in the gym, not wear baggy clothes that would make me feel like a bum! 


Don't mind my retarded pose..wanted to get the sneaks in the pic !
I had to put a protective wrap on my forearm today for my workout. It starts to get sore every now and then because I lift so many heavy weights, and pole dance, and carry my heavy grocery bags in that arm! LOL.. I had to protect the forearm, especially regarding the 135lb deadlifts I was doing


My leg workout was this:


--Arc trainer warmup 20 minutes. Incline 20, Resistance between 5-15


Legs:


circuit 1: 3x10reps
Squats 45/45/65/85
Deadlifts 45/45/65/85
Side lunges (10 per side)


circuit 2: 3x10 reps
Wide stance turned out squat 45/45/65/65
Split Squat 45/45/65/65
Deadlifts 65/85/115/135 (6 reps on max)


circuit 3:
Leg press: single leg/both legs/turned out variations (3x10 each variation no rest)
Alternating reverse lunges
Swiss ball hamstring curl
Swiss ball glute bridge


circuit 4: 20 reps x 2 sets
cable lateral sidekick
cable kickback
cable stiff leg extension
cable stiff leg turned out extension


All done! Stretched out my hip flexors and hamstrings, and left.
Stats:
Time: 1:20
Cals: 456


Solid!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment