Saturday, April 7, 2012

6's. A SIX WORKOUT!

Because of this silly oblique, I've been a cardio BUNNY, fiending for my weight training workouts. Here's my upper body burnout (NO CARDIO WHATSOEVER) from Friday. Straight to the Bench:


"6 Circuit" --I had this idea of using 6 reps for 6 sets , lifting heavy as possible and drop-setting at the end. This was a giant set, meaning lots of exercises back to back with no rests


--kb upright row 16kg *
--standing shoulder press 25lb dbells *
--bent arm lat raise 10lb dbells 
--stiff arm lat raise 10lb dbells 
--kbell deadlift 16kg *
--lateral step ups on bench
--regular steps ups on bench


*Used this weight for the first 4 sets, and dropped by one weight increment for 5+6th sets


round 2: 3 sets 10
stiff legged deadlift 45lb bar w/ bicep curl
military press 45lb bar
single leg deadlift w/row 12kg kbell


round 3: 3 sets 10
Lat pull down
Seated row
Lat pull w/D rings, palms face each other


Round 4: 3 sets 12
Tricep extension w/rope
Delt pull w/ rope
stiff arm lat pull w/rope


Round 5: 2 sets 12
cable reverse fly
cable lat raise
cable stiff leg kickback
cable lateral kickback


Round 6: 2 set 12
Skull crushers 35lb ez-bar
narrow grip chest press 35lb ez-bar
narrow grip bicep curl 35lb ez-bar (6 reps)
wide grip bicep curl 35lb ez-bar (6reps)
single arm bent over row 30lb dbell
**round 6 is where i had the best moment of my workout. I was doing my LAST reps of skullcrushers, and I was listening to "Patiently waiting" by 50 cent and Eminem, and the track says, "And I'll break yo face" JUST as I was lowering the weight toward my forehead. Talk about perfect timing, I squeezed out my last 2 reps because of that line! Didn't wanna break MY face!! LOL
TALK ABOUT 6's!!! 
The craziest thing is, this was one of my BEST, HARDEST workouts ever..and I burned less than 300 calories. Because there was 0 cardio, it was ALL lifting. But the feeling afterwards was better than a 1000calorie workout could have given me. My entire upper body was pumped, swollen, fatigued, and SWEATY. That's all I wanted! My average heart rate was 105bpm *love my polar HR monitor* .. Just over an hour with the dumbbells and I felt like a new woman! Notice how I didn't use a single MACHINE...just cables and dumbells and barbells and kettlebells.. love my iron :) 
That's a 25lb dbell in that photo, in case you were wondering. I'm in the 30's and 35's now.
If you never INCREASE your weights, you'll get stuck. Don't underestimate your STRENGTH. If you keep lifting, you're going to get stronger. Embrace it!! 


**immediately after workout i had 1scoop sun warrior protein mixed with water and a huge ripe banana**
Happy Lifting !

2 comments:

  1. Is this work out applicable for men also?

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting piece of information.Thanks a million once again, Regards
    bicep workouts

    ReplyDelete