Wednesday, March 21, 2012

SO much to update!!

Sorry I've completely NOT been updating, and I have SO much to update.... 
After pumping up the biceps
Monday was a crazy treadmill cardio session and bicep/tricep workout
Tuesday was my usual leg day, with an additional 1/2 hr of cardio before my hour of leg work
Wednesday (today) was 45 minutes of cardio and pole! 
I've been using the arc trainer on the days that I don't run so that I get WAY more cardio in. There's no reason I shouldn't be doing cardio 5-6 days a week on a regular basis. To get somewhere, it never hurts to burn the extra calories. So, I've been using the arc trainer (the incline elliptical) and keeping the incline at 20 and playing with the resistance. The thing I like about the machine is that you can still work up a good sweat and burn calories without putting pressure on your legs. If I could, I would run 5-6 days a week. But That just doesn't work! I would love to write out all of my workouts and foods for the past 3 days, but I've been dealing with some things and don't really remember everything in detail. 
So I'm going to put some highlights:
--Monday's breakfast: chocolate ice cream. (2 scoops chocolate protein powder, 1tbsp chia seeds, water. Freeze for 45 minutes.) 
--Monday I ran a mile in 7:30! Not my fastest (7:28) but pretty damn good! I ran REALLY HARD and really fast for 35 minutes. 
--Burned 634 calories from my monday workout
--Tuesday I got the Smith machine all to myself. It makes squats SO much more stable, and lets your form correct itself.
--I forced myself through 4 sets of lunges with my back leg up using weight on the smith bar !! I HATE LUNGES! 
--I solidified a favorite post-workout meal combo: 6oz eggwhites w/splenda, 1 mushed up heated banana, and 1/3 scoop chocolate protein powder mixed together. MMMM , had that monday and tuesday.
Tried MIRACLE NOODLES on Monday night. they are made of yam powder and glucomannan (fiber) and have ZERO CALORIES. Yup, ZERO. I cooked em with pea shoots, kale, and tofu.


Wednesday (today) I had a nice 45 minute session on the arc trainer, with some new songs on my cardio playlist, and had a great pole class!


Tomorrow's agenda: 30 minutes cardio and Chest workout
On Thursday's I always need to preserve my legs and muscles so that I can wild out on Friday morning at Barry's Boot Camp! My goal is to press 35s comfortably for my chest presses. As of now, 30s are CAKE for 3 sets of 8-10, but sometimes the 35s seem impossible! I'm going to start with the heavier weights tomorrow and do some damage! Anyone have a favorite chest exercise besides Chest Press? (Bench press isn't much different!) Chest workouts typically consist of Pressing, push-ups, and assisted dips for me. I'm not a huge fan of monster pecs for women either, so maybe that's why I don't murder myself for these workouts. My pecs are sorta hidden under my bra anyway right?! I've been working REALLY REALLY hard in the gym this week. Can't wait for my day off on Saturday.
Summer is coming!!! 
Let's get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment