Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm in LA!!

This morning I hopped on the 7:30am flight from JFK to LAX, you don't even know how excited I was! I printed my boarding pass at home, so getting through security was no big deal. Once in my terminal, you know I was determined to find the BEST airport goodies to bring on the flight. (I do NOT do 7 hours of traveling on an empty stomach!) Here's what I decided on:
-XLARGE DECAF coffee from DD : But here's the annoying part. I had to BUY an entire "very vanilla" silk soy juice box because DD does NOT have soy milk!!! I used maybe 1 or 2 ounces of the carton that cost freakin $3...oh well. One day the world will be kinder to us dairy-free people.
-$5 bag of snap peas (not a huge bag either. airport prices. health is worth it!)
-an apple
-i said GOODIES, right?! Well, I was absolutely THRILLED to find NUGO VEGAN PROTEIN BARS in the terminal food spot! I NEVER eat these anymore, but decided I could definitely rationalize it for travel purposes. I picked the dark chocolate pretzel one. HOLY CRAP. I need to re-create those flavors in the form of oats. There were little specs of sea salt on the actual chocolate part of the bar, and the brown rice protein crisps in the center tasted like pretzels because of it. Oh baby, if you want a treat... That is definitely the way to go. 200 cals, 5 grams of fat, 10g protein, 15 sugars....WAY more satisfying than a hershey bar or a couple of chocolate covered pretzels *which always contain MILK FAT...ew* I'm not saying these should be an every day fix, but wow. I am telling you to TRY ONE because they're that good. 
Anyway, besides the 2 small children kicking and screaming behind my seat the entire flight (ahem, MIDDLE seat...) and the fact I kept jumping over the kid sitting next to me so I could go to the bathroom, walk around, get extra water bottles from the cart at the back of the plane ( I can't sit still at ALL..) I had a great flight. Landed early, got a STARBUCKS, got my bag, and waited for Victor! It was HOT and 80 degrees! I was enjoying every minute of it. After running some errands with him, we decided we'd spend the rest of the hours of sunshine at RUNYON canyon. *does happy dance*
The parking gods were on our side today too, we got a sick parking spot, walked up to the canyon, and went our separate ways. I had to complete my first loop quicker than I had planned because i was DYING to get a water bottle at the bottom of the canyon entrance. I was thirsty and dizzy. I booked it down the loop, got my water, and walked all the way back UP the intense incline pavement for some more loops around the canyon. I did LOTS of running, I even ran up most of the stairs (they're a bitch.) Victor and I passed each other a couple of times, both running around with no shirts on , on a mission. We met up 90 minutes later. Checked the heart rate monitor. 832 calories! WHOA!!




I had pretty much my first meal of the day after that: 2 slices ezekiel bread, 1 can of tuna, 1/2avocado, and lots of baby carrots and snap peas. Usually, I wouldn't have fat after a workout, but I'm on VACATION so I really don't care. My body needed some SERIOUS FUEL. I'm still sort of on New York time, So it's like I've been awake for 19 hours, with pretty little food and a crazy workout. I'm only out here until Tuesday, so I need to make the most of EVERY DAY!! I'll have a great day of rest on Wednesday after my red-eye flight back to New York.


My vacation diet day 1:
7am: decaf coffee w/soy
plane-- 8am nugo bar, couple hours later snap peas, couple hours later apple
10:15 LA TIME (1:15ny) iced coffee w/soy
1:00 LA time 1 egg, 3 whites, banana
1:50-3:30 RUNYON. 
5pm: 2 slices ezekiel, 1 can light tuna, 1/2 avocado, baby carrots, snap peas
6pm: small green apple, some grapes


So nice to Relax! I plan on having my eggwhites and oats in the morning before going to the gym... and maybe a shake from equinox after my workout .. 
I'll be keeping you updated!! 
XOXOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment