Tuesday, March 13, 2012

LA: Day 4

Monday in LA:
-woke up, made oats with egg whites, and had some grapes
-headed to the gym, hopped on the treadmill. I really didn't have a game plan for Monday. I knew my legs felt ready to run, and then, I got so motivated by the girl in front of me who stayed on her treadmill for an hour...so I kept running. Then, I had been on around 35 minutes, and a guy hopped on the treadmill next to me and started running fast, so I felt his energy. The guy on the other side of him had been on his treadmill almost as long as I had been on, so I just kept going. I figured, why not?! I had to work out for at least an hour and fifteen minutes because Victor was teaching. I ended up staying on the treadmill until it STOPPED after an hour! Ran almost 7 full miles, with some incline work and a couple of minutes walking. WOOOOOOO. 
Then, I went to the mat, grabbed a resistance band and a medicine ball and did some leg raises with the band, and some ab work. Almost 700 calories burned! I stretched, foam rolled, and went down to get a shake. Decided to try something different:
-Banana, strawberry, almond milk, vegan protein==body by liz bliss. A drink that pretty HAS to taste good! I felt so sick after my workout, and had to force myself to drink the shake. If you work out intensely, you probably know the feeling. The last thing you want to do after a long or exhausting cardio session is EAT...but you have to refuel! 
Once we got home, I decided I was going to get myself up to North Hollywood for Shirlene's Pumps class. That meant:
walk 2+ miles to the subway station, walk from subway to dance studio (about 5-6 minute walk)


 Took the dance class, it was AMAZING...worth the foot travel, then went home on the subway, and caught a cab back to the house. I was gone from 4-9, all for a one hour dance class. But it was worth it, and it's not like i had anything else important to do! 
I made tuna with avocado over spinach and sprouts, and had baby carrots, snap peas, and dried cherries while watching housewives of atlanta. Talk about a good day! It was so nice to SIT on the couch an REST my legs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment