Saturday, March 10, 2012

La La Land: DAY 2!

I was SO sleepy last night, I fell asleep before 9pm LA time, and woke up to Victor and Coco singing around 7, but didn't really get up until 7:30. 10 hours got me back on track! 
Made myself rolled oats (didn't even measure, it was roughly 8 big tablespoons...I was shooting for a generous 1/2cup. But i don't care, I'm on vacation!) Made eggwhites with a splenda packet, but i didn't measure those either, and i made a tiny eggwhite..oh well. The oats hit the spot anyhow. It was almost 8 at that point and Victor said, "Soo, we're gonna be at the gym from like...8:45 until 12.." WOO! 3 hours in the gym, fine by me! I kept myself occupied. It just so happened that DICE was teaching his yoga class from 930-1045.. how perfect. I don't really do yoga anymore, but Dice's class is really athletic, and he's just the best teacher I've ever taken. If you ever happen to be at West Hollywood Equinox .. or Santa Monica.. you NEED to check for his name on the schedule. Tell him I sent you! I started to lift a little bit before yoga, then set up my mat and loosened up my hamstrings. After yoga, I hit the treadmill for 10 minutes just to amp myself up for some shoulders and back workout.. I'm on vacation and SO not in the mood to type out my super regimented format right now so here's an abbreviated version:


Treadmill: 
10 mins 1.10 miles (hips a little sore from runyon i think!)


Shoulders/back
Lat raises
Reverse Flies
Bent over rows
overhead presses
Renegade rows w/pushup
bent arm lat raises
threw in some bicep curls for fun
planks 
plank dips


The gym started to get SO crowded.. I definitely worked out with some celebrities...but I don't know who the heck they are.


12 pm--Post-workout: SHAKE!! It was called the "blueberry bliss"
-banana, blueberries, hemp milk, vegan protein .. it was SO good, and so filling I almost couldn't finish it.
When we got back to the house, I decided to LAY OUT in my white bikini at the pool (no pic, sorry!)
Lunch: I wanted to pay some tribute to LA with my meal, and since avocado and sprouts are soo popular here, and i happen to LOVE them, I used them with my meal.
This time around, I made the mistake of making too much eggwhites, I didn't think I'd be able to finish. Of course, I did though.


Lunch:
2 slices ezekiel
1/2 small avocado (spread on the ezekiel)
handful of radish and bean sprouts (on top of the avocado)
handful of spinach (for the eggwhites)
egg whites
sugar snap peas
baby carrots (ate them while i was cooking..woops they missed the photo op!) 


I ate that out at the pool. NOTE: Yeah, thats definitely a solid lunch, but i ALWAYS eat stuff like that. Do NOT be afraid to EAT! If you don't fuel your body, guess what will? your beloved muscle tissue. yup. we don't want that.


Fast forward to 4:30 and I was getting hungry, and TIRED.. no caffeine does that to me.. so I decided I'd take a stroll to Starbucks (like a 10 minute walk)
I had a little green apple, and walked for my iced coffee! 
I'm drinking it right now :) 
I'm having so much fun here, I really need to live here one day. 
Happy Saturday :) 
XOXOX 

No comments:

Post a Comment