Monday, March 5, 2012

DIE(t) !!

If you follow my blogs or read them pretty often, you know I really cut back (sorta went on a "diet" on Friday.) Until JUST NOW, I followed EVERY SINGLE MEAL, DID NOT SNACK AT ALL, ETC. However, I just broke my diet (GASP!) Wanna know what I did? Well, after burning 631 calories during my 75 minute workout today, i came back to my dorm (2:30pm) and had my post-workout meal i had planned. (1.5scoop chocolate protein, small banana, 1/2c WHEAT bran.) I was supposed to eat my mini-dinner at 5ish. (1/2can tuna, 1/2 small avocado, 1 pepper, 2 baby cucumbers)
Well, I ended up working on a homework assingment until 6ish, and was STARVING. SO...I had my planned mini-dinner...plus a whole bag of snap peas. 


Whatever. I don't care, 4 extra servings of vegetables! My error today was that i should have had more in my system this morning, as i only had vegan protein and 1cup frozen blueberries for breakfast, and a scaled down version of a typical pre-workout meal. Like I said, they're freakin vegetables. They're not gonna stick to me !! So, there's my dramatic cheat. 3 days of dieting perfection...I don't believe in being HUNGRY. So, EAT! For dinner I have 1/2can tuna, other 1/2 the avocado, 1/2 bag of spinach, and 2 peppers on the agenda. I'll probably make that a whole bag of spinach to be extra daring! Don't want to be hungry! When on a specific/limited/restricted (whatever the heck you wanna call it) diet, you still should be HAPPY .. and your stomach shouldn't be growling. Always keep the metabolism going. So hey, an extra 140 calories from some freakin green vegetables? I'm really not gonna sweat it. I'm just mad the bag of snap peas is GONE and I can't have any tomorrow :-( 
My tummy is very happy now anyway. 


Oh, and did I mention I burned 631 cals during my workout today!? 
Here's how:


I hit the treadmill super hard, as usual. Similar to yesterday's workout, but ran faster, sometimes running 7.5 up a 5% incline for a minute. spent 30 minutes busting my ass, included 5 cycles of running backwards at 5.5speed followed by minutes of 8.5 running. Spent 5 minutes walking fast to cool down.


Treadmill stats:
--35 minutes, 3.75 miles


THEN i hit the cables for a quick tricep/shoulder superset:


Circuit 1: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
-Tricep rope pull down
-High rope delt pull
-Stiff arm rope pull down (upper tricep/upper back)


Circuit 2: 3 sets , reps until failure 
Bicep curls 40lb dumbbell
bent arm lateral raise
stiff arm lateral raise
side crunch off hyperextension machine


Circuit 3:drop set bicep curls (40lb dbell/ 30 lb/ 20lb )
Drop set lat raises (10lb/8lb dbells)


Circuit 4: 3 sets x 10-12 reps
Dbell chest press 30's, 35's
Dbell one arm bent over row 25's, 30's
Overhead tricep extension 15lb dbell
Toe touches on bench
Teasers on bench


--Did some tricep pushups and held a few forearm planks to finish


--done in 1 hr and 15 mins, 631 cals burned.
Foam rolled, stretched, outta there in less than 90 minutes!! 


More than 5 hours later, and my arms still HURT..it's hard to bend them to type and text because they're pumped UP!! 


PS: Know what kept me motivated to SQUEEZE out those extra reps today while using heavy weights? I've been reading TONS of fitness articles lately, and i read one recently that said something like this: "The last few reps, the ones when you feel like you can't do anymore ... that's when new muscles are built." Those aren't the exact words, but it was a quote by the man himself, ARNOLD Schwarzeneggar. The Arnold Sports festival (Major bodybuilding convention/contest) was this weekend, and I saw SO much coverage on twitter and facebook. I decided, I will be THERE next year...ON STAGE!! (Hopefully!) More about this to come... But I'm pretty sure I want to DO IT! 


GOOD TUESDAY RIGHT?! 


Thought so. Even after a bag of snap peas. :-O


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment