Friday, March 23, 2012

Re-Fuel and Re-charge


Remember when I used to talk about these ALL the time? That's one of my protein pancakes, if you couldn't tell. Well, I used to eat those almost every morning for breakfast, adding in certain ingredients for different reasons, sometimes topping off around 400 calories! But guess what? I was still LOSING weight and getting leaner when I ate MORE. Lately, I've been depriving myself a bit too much. Looking back on the majority of what I've been eating the past few weeks, it looks like lots and lots of green things and some proteins...But my busy body needs more FUEL! I cut down my carbs way too much, and need to do some major metabolism boosting.

I always tell people to eat BALANCED: to include carbs, protein, and healthy fats in their diets. Lately, I haven't been following my own advice. The other night, I just had miracle noodles and kale...Thats like zero calories. What the heck! I've also been very stressed lately, and I have the tendency to not eat when I'm stressed out, and work out even harder. This, as you can imagine, leads to running myself into the ground. It leaves me vulnerable, and usually emotional. I'm trying really hard to feed myself the way i TELL OTHERS TO, and to not obsess over every single calorie that's going into my body. It's a constant struggle, but it's necessary for me to be HEALTHY. I hate to make myself count calories, but now I'm going to have to start counting just for a few days to make sure that I eat enough since I burn so many extra calories during my intense workouts also. 

My calories are still going to come from the healthiest and most wholesome foods though! Grains include ezekiel bread products, oat bran or rolled oats, quinoa
I'll keep the fruits at about 2 servings a day, berries, apples, post-workout banana
Proteins will still be eggwhites (1 yolk a day,), no salt tuna, tofu, protein powder
I will still eat my beloved veggies whenever I want, but they aren't going to be the main focus of each meal like they have been...128 pounds of muscle can't survive on rabbit food! 
My fats come from almond milk, avocado, sunbutter, coconut flour, chia seeds (Tofu has some fats too)

I won't put my calorie plan on here because I don't want anyone thinking they should follow it just because I am. Remember, everyone's body is different, and has different needs. I pay close enough attention to how my body responds to different foods, different levels of fats, carbs, proteins, different workout structure, etc..that I know how to tweak things to fix myself and get on a better track. 

We ALL forget to listen to our bodies sometimes, even me!! So while my training has been better and harder than ever, I'm not completely fulfilling the hard work because my diet isn't properly matched to the intensity I'm training at! If you read my blog ever, you know that's not a recipe for success. A car can't run without fuel , right? 

Always remember to listen to your body.
Feed yourself, and train hard!

*for those of you curious of the recipe for the above photo:

The pancakes:
--1 scoop sun warrior protein
--5 oz liquid eggwhites
--1 big handful spinach
--1 tablespoon coconut flour

The toppings: 
--1 tablespoon natural sunbutter (any nut butter you want)
--blueberry chia jam
----->making chia jam: put frozen berries and 1tb chia seeds and a bit of water in the microwave for 2 minutes, stir, and refrigerate for an hour or so. I made a big portion and just spooned some on top of my pancakes. *single serving size: heat 1/2c frozen berries and 1/2tb chia jam in mic and cool it. it'll be around 70 cals, 8 carbs, 4 g fiber, 2g fat*

No comments:

Post a Comment