Friday, August 10, 2012

MILA: Product review!

Alright, sooo I have a really cool product review for all of my readers. I am 100% honest with things I review, and even CARE to blog about in the first place. For everyone who reads my blog, you are familiar with CHIA seeds, as they are a staple in my diet. For the past few months, my fats have come more or less from chia seeds and 100% unsweetened baking chocolate. (chocolate post: here) With my current plan, I eat a 1.5oz individually packaged square as its own meal, or with 5 eggwhites or scoop of protein. 
Anyway, back to chia. Chia seeds have officially replaced my die-hard love for flax seeds and ground flax seeds due to the fact that they are simply MORE SUPER of a superfood.
*chia info*

After reading Miss Fit Britt's blog about MILA, i was very curious. MILA is a chia seed product, but is WAY different than plain ol' chia seeds. Immediately after I contacted the distributor (Hi Marney!) she responded, and was very eager to educate me about the product, and was so generous to send me a POUND of it in the mail! The first thing I did when it arrived was put it into my morning oat bran, instead of using my regular chia seeds. 
--Differences:
*Mila is like chia meal, as it is many varieties of chia seeds ground up*
*It comes with a cute scooper, to ensure each serving size is a no brainer*
*It looks different..duh. Flax meal looks different than flax seeds..*
--Similarities:
*Macronutrient breakdown: A scoop of mila is about the same protein/carb/fat as a tablespoon of chia, with the same fiber advantage*
*Gelatinous property: If you put MILA into water, oats, tea, yogurt, etc--it forms a gel, just like chia

I really like using the Mila for a change, and since there are chia seeds of all types included in each scoop, there are different benefits to be absorbed by my body! Same calories, omega-3 and omega-6 benefits as my usual chia, loaded with vital nutrients for your body. Good stuff!

Here is a statement from the MILA website, to better articulate exactly WHAT the heck this stuff is, if you are not familiar with chia seeds:

 "Mila is meticulously cultivated, harvested, cleaned, transported and packaged under the strict quality control and watchful eye of Lifemax at every stage. Strict government inspection and independent laboratory analysis ensure that 100% of what is on the Mila package is also in the Mila package — nothing added, nothing taken away — just 100% of the most nutrient-dense, efficacious, quality-assured Salvia hispanica L. that nature can grow, and Lifemax can perfect."

Definitely check out the Lifemax website, where the product is available for purchase. I don't write about things I don't support, and this product is a definite winner in my book. But, my honest opinion is that whether you use chia seeds (Now available at TRADER JOE's!!!) or this MILA product, your body will reap the benefits. Chia seed is really something that should be a part of everyone's diet--simply because there is NO reason to NOT use it. Whether you opt for Chia seed or the amalgamation via MILA, its a win-win. Whatever you do, go out and buy some NOW if it's not already in your house or next tupperware meal :) 

Thank you again, Marney, for your generosity and for allowing me to get my hands on such a cool new product. Will definitely be a staple in my kitchen for good!

1 comment:

  1. You are so welcome, Liz! I hope that your Mila helps you meet your goals and be the best you that you can be for your upcoming competitions!
    More information in Mila at www.marneyrohda.lifemax.net or www.marneyrohda.fueledbymila.net

    ReplyDelete