Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Circuit

Alright, so I've been blogging about my switch in training style, but haven't posted any workouts yet. This is going to be kind of annoying to post, since I don't follow a simple written format, and if I can do more reps, I do more than planned. If a certain bodypart feels neglected, I hit it with more. I'll do my best.

Monday: 7am fasted cardio on treadmill

4pm: upper body circuit workout+20 minute stair monster 

**I always warm up my upper body by stretching out my shoulders and spine first, and using resistance bands for 2-3 minutes**
**12-20 rep range**
circuit 1: 4 rounds
Stiff arm bent over lat pulldown with rope
Triceps extension with rope
stiff arm lat pulldown with rope
pull up+hanging leg raise NO assist **didn't get many pullups, did lots of leg raises**

circuit 2: 3 rounds
Cable reverse fly
Cable chest fly
Plyo pushups *clap in between*/Decline pushups 

circuit 3: 3 rounds, then extra round doing reps til failure
one arm seated row
seated row
cable Y raise w/bar (stand in front of the cable, put the bar on the lowest spot, and bring the bar through your legs, up in front of your face, like a frontal raise with dbells)
cable bicep curl w/bar

circuit 4: 3 rounds 
incline chest press
barbell back bicep curl
spidermans+mountain climbers

circuit 5: 3 rounds
Unilateral bicep curls
Bicep curl w.arnold press 
Skullcrushers

HIT IT: last round of exercises, bonus
lat raises til failure *40 reps*
one arm lat raises
barbell 21's
leg raises w. hip extension on bench

Stair monster: warm up level 7-8 for 5 minutes, then have some fun:
TABATA on the monster: 20 secs on , 10 secs off. each interval, increase the speed. start with level 10 for 20 secs. rest 10 secs, then level 11 for 20 secs, rest 10 secs...you get it. repeat for 10 minutes. "cool down" level 10/9/8/7/6 for 1 min each. WOOOOO!!! 

Solid effort kids.
This is a toughie altogether. 

here are some pics for you--crappy cellphone quality, of course..


2 comments: