Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Booty Boost. These DAMN GLUTES

So I went to lululemon today to pick out some things for my birthday. Every thing i tried on fit well, and looked good from what I saw in the front, but then I took a spin or two and checked out the other mirrors (360 degree mirrors in the dressing room) and my butt and hamstrings looked AWFUL! I am SERIOUSLY hoping its the bad lighting or something in the store, but i am NOT one to settle for excuses. I seriously freaked out, I looked like a monster. Even in the black spandex leggings, impossible!!! I have neon PINK lulus that I thought looked pretty damn good....now I seriously hope I don't have a fat cellulite butt because I work out in those!

Needless to say, I'm super self-conscious about my butt and hamstrings, and I've been having dreams that I ended up SKINNY FAT after my attempt to lean out. See kids, dieting isn't for everyone--it messes with your head! So today, I went HAM on my leg workout. Pun semi-intended...


despite my nagging neck injury, i deadlifted, squatted, lunged, and squeezed the fuck out of my glutes until i almost vomited. my last exercises were hyperextensions, and i swear on my last set of 15 I had to stop mid-way to keep myself from losing it. I exerted myself SO HARD during my workout, making sure to utilize EVERY single contraction and kept my mind focused on my ASS and hamstrings. I did squats with as little quad assistance as possible, adding painful pulses and half-reps from the bottom of the movement.

I did 8 sets of stiff legged barbell deadlifts with increasing weight, cranking 12-15 reps out per set , with 65-125lbs. 135 bothered my neck after 5 reps :(  I also did one legged deadlifts, and more stiff legged deadlifts as part of a circuit later in the workout.

post-track workout. 
I hit the track at 7 this morning and did some semi-sprinting and stair running, and burpees. That was only a 35 minute cardio workout, and I had planned to do 20 minutes after my legs, but instead I worked my legs for the ENTIRE time. almost 90 minutes of brutal leg workout. I NEEDED to kick my own ass for my satisfaction. I am DETERMINED to have the best looking ass I possibly can while STILL managing to be as tiny as I've ever been. I'm making it happen! I refuse to have a saggy skinny butt....NO WAY!!! 

Hopefully I don't have any nightmares about being skinny fat again. I'm also retaining some water...maybe it's that girl time..who knows. Anyway, keep in mind that i am SUPER critical, and am seeking close to perfection when it comes to my physique. Call it obsessive and vain, its not your goal, its mine! I'm so frustrated!!! Tomorrow I have two cardio sessions planned: in the morning I will do 45 minutes of "recovery" cardio, like the elliptical. After a hard leg day, it helps to loosen up the muscles and break up the tension from lactic acid build up. At night, I will do 30 minutes of HIIT, despite what my legs feel like. It's go hard or go home, and I am determined to make my ass ROCK HARD and lifted. 

Sorry if you guys could care less about my vanity, or my backside. this is MY blog, remember?!
Anyway. Everyone has to rant sometimes! Thanks for listening.

What's your lagging bodypart?

No comments:

Post a Comment